Chapter 8.2

It wasn't bad at all. Tsunade was a woman that enjoyed sake and storytelling as much as she enjoyed to use her superhuman strength for trivial things, such as cracking a nut open. You honestly had a good time, although it was sure troublesome having to bring a drunk Hokage around town, Tsunade-sama was still a very respectable woman even then, and you felt a small bubble of pride for being able to accompany her on her journey.

You were also able to speak to Gaara, the Kazekage again, and even attend to the nost famous hotsprings of The Sand, Tsunade's treat.
Still, your mind constantly lingered over to Kakashi, which made Tsunade-sama several times ask you to tell her a good one or two (knowing) tales of your somewhat secret romantic life. Even so, she seemed happy for you and Kakashi, for she didn't question nor criticise your feelings for your old sensei.
You had fun, but you were also as ready as the day to return to Konoha.

By the time you arrived back to The Leaf,  you were too tired to still make a trip to the Hokage's office, and so decided to simply return home for the night. Speaking of which, nightime had already fallen by the time you'd return, yet you still accompanied Tsunade-sama one last time to the closest bar before you deemed your mission as 'completed'.

You headed to your appartment complex, slowly take out your keys, yawning, and open your front door, tired enough that you dismissed the extra pair of shoes that stood on your entryway.

As you walked through the hallway into 'your bedroom', and you walked pass the living room, a voice called out to you:
"Welcome back, [Y/N]."

You simply responding: "Yeah, I'm back." before realization hit you and you abruptly turned over to look at the voice's source.
"K-Kakashi-sensei?!"

"Why do you still call me sensei when you get surprised...?" He sighted, getting up from the couch and walking closer to you.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, slowly backing away from his approaching figure.

"I could ask you the same. You're the one intruding on my house here, now." He responded, a close-eyed smile splattered on his maskless face.

"Wha-- Sorry! I--" You stuttered in response.

You see, the reason for all of this was because you and Kakashi were both now neighbours. After the Pain incident that basically destroyed the whole village, you and Kakashi unexpectedly moved into the same appartment complex as neighbours. And unexpectedly, your front-door keys worked on each other's front door's keyholes, which you were both surprised to discover one fateful night where you yet again made a mistake on your appartment's door number.

"--I'll just go... please excuse me." You muttered under your breath, embarrassment overcoming you. Yet, as you tried to slide away from Kakashi, he placed his hands on the wall right behind you, enclosing you between his arms, and you, unable to barely move.
"K-Kakashi....?" You ask, confusion and nervousness flowing down your spine, along with his sly fingers.

"You came in yourself, so now, you've been kidnapped." He softly spoke, a smile noticeable through his words.
You flinched, and you felt your whole body warming up with nervousness, your face turning beat red.

"W-What...?" You asked, confusion noticeable on your face.

"...Why'd you arrive so late?" He asked in response. You stuttered, yet, used your answer as an escaping route from his arms, believing that if you stayed like that any longer, your heart would've burst.

"A-Ah... that? Lady Tsunade-sama wanted to go to a bar, so I took her there to wrap up the mission. She spoke along the whole way back on how she missed Konoha's sake..."

As you slowly spoke, and walked closer to the front door once again, you turn around to look back at Kakashi, finding his answer peculiar, for he simply replied:
"Mhm..."

"...Is anything wrong, Kakashi?" You asked, whilst you began to redress you ninja boots on.

"...I was just thinking how..."

"How, what?"

"It only takes the sight of you to make it all better."

"--Whut?"

"...It was a long week."

"...Your student here will tend to your worries if you'd like to be heard." You reply teasingly, causing Kakashi to release one of his extremely pleasant to hear, warm chuckles.

"We can talk tomorrow about it, you must be tired." He answered, making you feel strangely disappointed. He surely must've noticed, as always, for his upcoming request left your mind and mouth agape:

"Spend the night over."