THE BALL

Chapter 32
The Ball

"Oh hey there, Ms.Alcantara, enjoying the party?" And then there's another demonic person came into the picture.

"I was but then you showed up and the atmosphere is now ruined." I rudely told him and he just stepped forward.

"Burn..." I heard the thick faced animal whispered from behind me.

"No one disrespects me like what you just did." He muttered but I kept my chin up.

"Sorry not sorry, Mr. Domiguez but I'm not like those people who respects you, you should be the one who needs to show respect to me as I'm a Queen." I faught back.

"Double burn..." I heard Animal whispered again.

The tense between us is getting hotter and it almost explode, luckily the waiter entered and give us the drinks. "Thanks very much." Grey hand me my Vodka martini and I accepted it.

"Do you not know that you're in my ball?" He asked, I know he's mad now and is about to squeeze my neck but I'll punch him first before he could reach the tip of my hair.

"I don't, if I only knew I was, I should have burn this place down with you in it, just like what you did to our last hope?" I straight forwardly told him, I saw him gulp and the uneasiness pf his actions, his eyes are blinking rapidly, I smirked because of that, gotcha.

"I don't know what you're saying." Oh come on, deny and deny until you die Neon Domiguez.

"So you like to play the role of an innocent rat." I put the shot glass on my lips and sip the alcohol. "Fine, I'll let you be, but after this act, I'll make you pay for what you did to me, princess." I mocked him, beaming to make him more mad.

He shook his head. "You're crazy." He mumbled and walked out.

"That's smooth." Grey commented before drinking his whiskey.

I rolled my eyes and face him. "I can make it harder." I replied and he gave me an amused smile.

"Nice, I really wanted to see that side of yours, it gives me a lot of turn on." He said and place both of his elbows above the table as he lean his upper body forward yet his face his still on me.

"Yuck." I mumbled and shot him glares. "Please stop, I don't need your comments and I'm not asking." I told him, he chuckled and pout.

"You're a beauty, Camilla, and I know you already knew that, and you having high hat just makes you more fierce, I like that." He just can't stop opening his mouth.

"Shut up."

"I can't, as long as I'm here beside you, I won't stop saying things I want to say to you." He said and gave me a flirty smile.

"You're disgusting." I commented and face away from him.

"Cute."

"I heard that moron, I'm not a puppy to call me cute." I told him and then as if on cue an orator spoke from the stage saying the ball has start and he have this speech I don't care whatever it is about.

"Can I have this dance with you?" He asked offering a hand for me.

"I don't dance." I told him but he just pulled my elbow and head to the center. "You're so stubborn, I said I don't dance." I told him with a hint of anger in my voice.

"I don't care if you don't, I just want to experience this moment, so close to you." He said as he put both of his hand behind my back while mine is placed at his nape, too close.

"Cheesy." I mumbled bitterly.

He chuckled. "Just saying, this might be the last time." I creased my forehead because of his words.

"What are you saying?" I asked, I'm confused but he just continue wearing his smile but this time it's different, smaller and-- and I don't know how to explain it, he begun swaying.

"Neon Domiguez is a dirty man when it come to negotiating, he's a monter, he pays for everything just to get what he wants, he can do that because he have money, he have a lot of money but it's not his, it's not because he's successful because of his work bit because he stole it." He stated and I shook my head, frowning ay him.

"Why are you saying this? How did you know all of that?" I asked but he just continue swaying ourselves.

"The name is Phil Cavendish, he's a big time drug seller here in the city, he makes a lot of money every month, he crashed through banks, he has a lot of men around the country and Neon is one of 'em." He pulled something from his inner pocket, he caress my arm upto my hand and place it there.

"What's this?"

He pulled me closer and place his forehead against mine. "It's an evidence, keep it safe with you, don't let anybody stop your tracks, whatever happens just run, there's a someone you know waiting for you outside the mansion, head to the kitchen and use the back door to escape, just run and run, don't look back, you hear me?"

I shook my head and grip the thing he placed on my hand. "What are you talking about, Grey?" O asked with my serious tone of voice.

"Grey, it's nice to hear you saying my name for the first time." He whispered.

"I called you a lot of times with your name." I said in contrary.

"Yeah I know, you're mad whenever you're saying my name, but now it's just, it sound so sweet." He said and chuckle. "It sounds like you care for me."

I saw him glance at his wrist watch. "You're being a creep, Animal." I commented.

"When I say run, you run okay?"

"Can you please elaborate? I really don't understand what's happening."

"Just do it, you'll know it eventually but not now, we don't have a lot of time to discuss it, there's someone who can but not me, I like you, Camilla, and I know that I'm one of the people you hate the most but here you are letting me close to you, it's wonderful."

"You're getting weirder and weider, Grey, and your breath stinks like alcohol." I said and he laughs.

"Oh I love you, but you gotta go." He said and pull out from me.

I frowned. "Why?"

"He'll explain everything to yo--" A bang of a gun was heard as he stopped talking and then he coughed blood spilling it through my chest.

I was rooted on my placed looking at him, he's breathing rapidly as he coughs blood again. "R-- run, r-- run, Camil-- la... r-- run." He stammered, the blood is dripping from his mouth and he slowly dragged to the ground by himself and then another bang was heard.

A wake up call, I grip the hem of my gown and run towards the kitchen, oh God, I must be dreaming, this is too much.

I reached the back door, still hearing the shots inside the mansion and screams. "Oh my-- oh..." I whimpered, I'm still running but my knees turn into jelly and slowly, slowly I was about to feel on the ground when a pair of arms catched me and help to stand my ground again.

But it's too late, I lost my consciousness, please help me...