Better For Two | Part two.

"Send it, Asahi!" Nishinoya shouted, directing the receive to the tall male on purpose. He shot up into the air, causing Nishinoya to grin as he watched the events unfold. Asahi was truly amazing at being ace. Instead of hitting the ball, the male's hand missed it all together, causing it to start falling to the ground. Nishinoya gasped, rolling to try and save the ball from touching the floor. Asahi fell onto Noya, causing a huff of protest from the crushed male.
"ACK." Nishinoya squirmed from underneath the taller male, causing Asahi to get up quickly. A deep blush of embarrassment on his face, he reached out a hand to help Noya up.
"I'm sorry Noya-san! I wasn't watching were I was going-"
"I can feel that!" Nishinoya grumbled, allowing Asahi to help him up. Keishin called a timeout, letting the two walk up to him.
"What the hell was that! Are you guys okay?" He hissed, crossing his arms. The rest of the team gathered around, getting a drink or simply listening to the conversation. Nishinoya nodded, grinning.
"Yeah, sorry coach. It was my fault." He patted Asahi's back, getting a quick drink and returning to the court. Now, he was pissed. Had Asahi gone to sleep that night Noya had texted him, because it sure didn't seem like he did. In fact, it didn't seem like he had gotten any sleep in the week that followed either. They were practicing with another team, and that incident must've made the two look like clowns. Noya couldn't get too worked up about it though. Everyone made mistakes. Except Asahi made another.

Nishinoya was going in for another save, just barely hitting it up in the air before being tripped over.
"Kageyama!" Nishinoya shouted, glancing over to who had tripped over him. Asahi, again. The shorter quickly stood up, extending an arm to the other. The ball had gone to Kageyama as he had hoped, which was fortunate. By the other team's reaction, he could tell that the two first years had done their quick attack.
"Nice job guys!" Daichi praised, Noya nodding in agreement. The first year's attack was always amazing.

The rest of the match went smoothly, except for a few more stumbles and fixable mistakes on Asahi's part. It was a win for Karasuno, but a close one. The opposing team had only lost by a few points. The two teams shook hands and bowed to each other, before parting separate ways. Noya crosses his arms, stepping in front of Asahi and blocking his way out of the gym. He poked the male's chest harshly, glaring up at him.
"What's up with you?" He asked, straightforward.
"What do you mean?" Asahi laughed, grabbing Nishinoya's hand and pulling it off of him playfully. "Shorty–"
"Don't give me that fake shit." Noya hissed.
"Language." Sugawara said as he passed them. "C'mon you two, we're getting meat buns. Yamaguchi is paying."
Nishinoya shook his head. "We'll catch up." Asahi walked past the short male, leaving him speechless. It hurt him, in a way. Nishinoya turned, following the others reluctantly. He lagged behind, causing a few to glance back at him worriedly.

They had stopped at the shop, Yamaguchi paying for the meat buns like promised. They were gobbled down rather quickly, and of course, all gratitude aimed towards Yamaguchi. The group soon departed, saying their goodbyes. Nishinoya wasn't taking no as an answer this time. He grabbed onto Asahi's shirt, pulling him back. The male turned around, smiling like nothing had happened before.
"Asahi Azumane." Noya whispered out quietly. "They're gone now. Tell me what's wrong, please. I'm worried about you." His grip on Asahi's shirt grew tighter, not letting the other leave.
The long haired male hesitated, before caving in. "Okay." Nishinoya smiled, finally letting go of Asahi's shirt.
"Okay. I'll buy us another meat bun." He offered in attempt to lighten the situation. The latter refused, shaking his head. He took a deep breath, before looking down at the ground. Suddenly, very suddenly, Asahi looked sad. He looked tired, too.
"I haven't been able to sleep lately. No matter how hard I try, I just can't. It's like I'm afraid of something." Nishinoya could see the tears welling up in Asahi's eyes. "And I just want to make you all proud and do my job as an ace. Schoolwork is hard to keep up with too, because of the lack of sleep and I- I-"
He was cut off by a sudden touch from Nishinoya.
"Asahi-senpai. You don't have to make us proud. And, if you can't sleep tonight, then I can't sleep tonight either. Do you want to come over? My mom makes this really good tea that may help." Noya cupped Asahi's face in his hands, although he had to reach up to do so. The tall male nodded, smiling slightly.
"Yes. Please."

Nishinoya opened his door, using his key. He glanced over at Asahi, smiling. He stepped inside along with the other.
"Mom!" Nishinoya called, walking further into the house. A short woman, about the same height as Noya, came out of the kitchen, stopping in her tracks upon seeing Asahi.
"This is Asahi Azumane, I've told ou about him before?" His mothers face lit up at those words.
"Oh! The ace! It's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard all good things, no need to worry." She exclaimed, noting the nervous expression on Asahi's face.
"He's going to be here for a while, if that's okay. We have a project to work on." Nishinoya lied, the lie rolling off of his tongue so easily. "We'll be upstairs." Nishinoya nodded at Asahi, leading him upstairs into his bedroom.

"You lie to your parents very easily." Asahi commented, glancing around the room. Nishinoya smirked, nodding his head.
"I know." He flopped down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. "Now, back to you. What do you mean, something's scaring you?" Noya asked gently, patting the spot next to him. There was room. Asahi sat down awkwardly, looking down at his hands.
"Well, I don't really know what I'm afraid of, but the feeling is there." He tried explaining. "I don't think there's anything you can do, so–"

Nishinoya sits up quickly. "I'll do everything and anything I can, and help you sleep better!" He declared loudly. "Consider it done."
"No, it's–"
"It's now my job! I won't let you down Asahi-senpai!"
"Oh, okay then." The older male chuckled, looking over at Nishinoya with a smile. Nishinoya returns the smile, before gasping.
"Oh yeah! You have to try the tea my mom makes. It'll help you feel better." Noya's eyes shone. He dragged Asahi out of his room and to the kitchen with no hesitation. "Asahi wants to try your famous tea!" He pointed at his mother. Her eyes shone in the same way that his did before, making it apparent that they were family.
"Yes, yes! I have some brewing right now!" His mother exclaimed, jumping up and down. Asahi looked around, before asking,
"Noya, where's your dad?" The two others went silent, stopping what they were doing. It sent the tall male into a panic, thinking the worst.
"Wait- I'm so sorry! I shouldn't ask such a sensitive question-"
He was interrupted by the two giggling uncontrollably, apparently unfazed by his question.
"He works days, so if you stick around you'll meet him tonight." Nishinoya's mother wheezed out.
"You should've seen the look on your face!" Nishinoya hit Asahi's chest playfully, before turning to the kettle.
"I'm sure it's done." He hummed, taking out a cup and pouring some tea into it. His mother left the two alone, going off to do some motherly thing. Nishinoya would be sure to thank her later. He turned around, handing the mug to the taller male.
"Ta-daa~" Noya sang leaning on the counter.
Asahi blinked down at the cup, then back up at Nishinoya. "Aren't you going to have some?"
"No, I'll save it for you."
"Well," Asahi reached above Nishinoya into the cupboard, grabbing a mug and pouring another cup. He gave it to Noya, before picking his own up again.
"Tea is better for two."

_____________

Author's note:

Whoa, two parts in a day? Both over 1k words? I think I'm on a roll. I'll start part 3, but I'm not sure if it'll be done by tonight because it's 11pm, hhhh-