Have You Ever Been in Love?

1984

"Dr. Minerva?" Diana approached the blonde woman with glasses sitting in the museum lobby.  

"Ms. Prince! Hi, so great to meet you!" Barbara leapt to her feet to shake Diana's hand.

Diana smiled back.  "Hello, Dr. Minerva, lovely to  meet you too. And please, call me Diana."

"Diana. Call me Barbara."

"Barbara. So, tell me, on the phone you said you were interested in doing some research on Greek Mythology?"

"Yes, yes! I'm absolutely fascinated by all mythology."

Diana smiled at her obvious enthusiasm.  "Wonderful. Here, let's head to my office where we can discuss things further."

"LIES!"

Crash!

They rushed into the office to find that Aikaterine had launched a thick, heavy, leather-bound book across the room. The Amazon-Goddess straightened up when she saw them.

"Aikaterine, you're not destroying my office are you?" said Diana, going and picking up the book that now lay sprawled out on the floor.

"It lies. It says Hades stole Persephone away and held her in the Underworld against her will.  This isn't true, they are very happy and in love, thank you very much." She was living proof of that. 

"I prefer the more romantic version too," said the blonde woman who Aikaterine only just noticed was with Diana. "Though there are some really dark versions of the myth. I guess we'll never really know the truth though, right?"

Only I do know the truth.   "Who's this?" She nodded to the blonde.

"This is Dr. Minerva.  We will be doing some research together," Diana explained.

"Hi, I'm Barbara." The woman approached Aikaterine with her arm outstretched. 

Aikaterine had taken many handshakes the wrong way many times before, thinking it was an attack, and becoming defensive.  But now, she was finally getting the hang of it. Still, she hesitated before she took the woman's hand in her own and shook it - though not too hard, as Diana had advised. She had made that mistake many times too.

In fact, this handshake seemed to go very well. "Aikaterine." Diana had also advised her to leave her introductions to just that, her name. Not 'Aiketerine, Daughter of Hades and Persephone' or 'Lady Legacy', either of which she preferred to say. 

"Beautiful name!"

"Thank you."

"Are you from Greece?"

"Yes..." She heard Diana chuckling. 

"Are you a part of the exhibit?" Barbara asked.

Aikaterine frowned.  "I'm sorry?"

"Sorry, it was a joke. I just meant cause you look like you stepped out of a history book. Love the outfit by the way." The woman - Barbara - gestured to Aikaterine's  armour and cloak.

"Yes, my friend is also fascinated by Greek Mythology," Diana explained to Barbara. "I think you two will get along very well." 

"Me too!" said Barbara with a smile, her eyes big behind her glasses in excitement. Aikaterine didn't know what to say.

"Wait, I've seen you before - in the newspaper," Barbara said.  "You're that mysterious woman who walks around in Ancient Greek costume. They say Washington D.C. has its own Greek Goddess watching over it."