Chapter 1 Jolly mood

This book is not a cliched love hate story , in which they act they pretend to love to trap them but actually start loving them. The characters in this book are too smart and can't be fooled like that. There is mystery , jealousy, deaths , ambiguous statements. Read to find out how their extreme hatred turned into irrevocable love.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

The day was the same as usual in the mansion , quiet but no peace . She knew there are people chained in the basement . Some begging ,some crying or at the verge of death as being tortured . All having bad fate as they were Dimitri Ivanov's captives , a name enough to make a person wish death rather meet him .

She got up and went out to her balcony and observed the sunrise then went for a run . She worked out in the gym for an hour and went on to meditate  which was the sole reason for her perspicacity , making her one heck of a contriver.

After she was done , she showered , dressed up and went down the stairs . On her way she heard her father talking over the phone  in a cold voice .

" One mistake and I'll ripe apart your limbs from your body and tear out your eyes." 

Cut the call and threw the phone on the sofa . He turned around and saw  Natalie coming down the stairs .

" Morning dad , I see you're in a jolly mood today ." She said sarcastically.

Dimitri rolled his eyes , a soft smile gracing his lips .He went to her  and gently kissed her forehead.

"Good morning printsessa  and yes you can say I'm in a jolly mood else there would be blood flowing down the street ." Dimitri replied with a soft chuckle .

Natalie shook her head , knowing it's pretty much the truth.

"What do you want to eat today dad?"

"You don't need to cook anything , the cooks have already made us breakfast."

Natalie rolled her eyes

" Shouldn't you be happy I am not a spoiled brat and like to do my work on my own ?".

Dimitri smiled at his daughter with an adoring look in his eyes .

" I'm always proud of you Nat, always. You never give a chance to complain or to be disappointed at you."

He thought how she was his biggest strength . Kind of like him in a many ways except she had a heart .She was no coward and never complained about her divergent childhood with his mafia work or her mother not being around.

Natalie was a result of his fling , his blessing as of now . Her mother was love in with his money , yet Dimitri was ready to marry her to provide his child a good family and promised to provide her and his child the best he could .He was a loyal person by nature but not in love with her . But when she got to know he was in mafia , she was scared and tried to cut all ties with him ....starting with the child . She didn't think twice to opt for an abortion but Dimitri stopped it in time . She didn't want any connection with him and wanted to live a free live without any danger lurking at her to pursue her dreams . She asked him  to take his baby away and leave her alone . Dimitri obliged to her request and as soon as Nat was born she was never heard from again. Even though the thoughts of killing her chased his mind when she would complained and referred  to his child as a mistake , a nuisance . But  shook them away as she was still the mother after all and gave him the best gift one could ask for and left her alone.

Natalie smiled at her father and started serving them breakfast and sat by him on the table  and started eating. As they were finished She looked at her father , hesitating to speak . Dimitri felt her stare and looked up . He could sense her hesitation.

"What is it now Nat? I swear if you pick up another stray animal this mansion would turn into a fucking animal shelter".

"Not this time , I couldn't find any ."

Dimitri just raised an eyebrow at her , shook his head  and started eating .
Natalie smiled sheepishly and continued.

" Its just that I have finished my bachelors degree and I want to do my masters as well"

Dimitri nodded .

" Of course , tell me which college and when so I could get your admission . Heck I don't even have to threaten or bribe them to take you , they would be pleased to have a brilliant student like you ."

"Thanks dad, but I already got my admission with full scholarship and it starts next month ....in US ."

She said the last part in a whisper but Dimitri heard her and stopped eating . He looked up her with a cold face and said

"NO"