Chapter 6

I walk upstairs to my room. I pull off my clothes and slip into an oversized t-shirt. I look in there mirror and notice a purplish-blue mark on my neck that jerk Austin left. I sink into bed, letting out a sigh before I slowly drift off to sleep.

Lauren's POV

"Lauren! Get up!" I feel someone shaking my bed and another hitting me with pillows.

"Oh my staaaawp!"

"Then get your pretty little popstar ass up!" Normani, my best friend since kindergarten says.

"Mani, I don't think she's going to get up. I think we have to call reinforcements." Ally, my other best friend from 2nd grade says. She became my friend when she moved here from Texas. No one would talk to her so Normani and I went up to her and told her we liked her dress and the rest is history.

Normani and Ally have always been by my side. They never judge me. They are fully supportive of not only my career but of me being gay. They were the first ones I told and then my parents. They're the best friends anyone could ever ask for and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

"TAYLOR! CHRIS! WE NEED YOU IN HERE NOW!" I hear my younger brother and sister run to my room.

"What's up guys?" Chris says and Taylor nods in agreement.

"Lo, here, won't wake up for rehearsal," Normani says in an annoyed tone.

"Yeah, she was supposed be there ten minutes ago!" Ally exclaims.

"Say no more guys." He looks over to to Taylor who has a mischievous glint in her eye that matches his.

"Taylor?" She nods her head and they both lick there fingers.

"You have 10 seconds Lauren!" Taylor threatens.

"Go away!" I say but it only comes out muffled.

"Times up!" They lunge at me and start sticking their wet fingers in my ears and Taylor starts tickling me.

"Ooo-ok-aay I'm- I'm u-u-up" I stutter out laughing from Taylor tickling me.

"You guys are so dead when I'm fully aware of my surroundings." I say, sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

Taylor and Chris high-5 Normani and Ally as they're leaving the room.

" Laur Sorry," Ally apologizes, "You just wouldn't get up."

"Yeah yeah whatever." I shoo them off with my hand telling them I need to get ready.

I walk into the bathroom, wash my face, then brush my teeth, and then hop in the shower. Once out the shower I blow dry my hair, and look for something to wear to rehearsal for the concert I'm having tonight.

I find my Bob Marley crop top, some highwaisted jeans and my black leather jacket. I place my black beanie on my head and lace up my boots. And soon I'm off to rehearsal.

I can't stop thinking about Camila, the girl I met at that pizza place a couple days ago. I decide to text her.

Me: Hey Camila! I hope I'll still be seeing you at my show today?

I lock my phone and put it in my pocket. It dings and I take it out, I immediately smile at the name that pops up on the screen.

camEEEla: I might have changed my mind about going. You'll just have to wait and see Lolo ;)