4

Hayley POV 

I sighed softly to myself and heard Elijah. "Hello there." 

"General Kenobi." I replied giggling.

"Star Wars joke, I assume?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, it is." I answered smiling.

"Such an overrated movie." He sighed shaking his head.

"Hey," I giggled. "Star Wars is a classic and it's a good film series." I defended playfully. 

"It's so predicable don't you think?" He teased.

"I was surprised when I first saw it. Growing up, it seemed so dumb. Anything to do with it, I avoided like the plague but when I was seventeen I finally gave it a chance and now it's one of my favorite series of all time, maybe my favorite off all time. That Anakin in Episodes Two and Three was so hot and dreamy but so is Ben Solo in the new trilogy." I replied laughing. 

"You had never heard of the plot twist until you saw it?" Elijah asked. 

"I didn't," I admitted. "I get teased for it but it's really not a big deal." I laughed awkwardly. 

"Well... I don't get the big fuss, really. But that's just me." He shrugged. Rebekah came in the room. 

"Don't tease her now, she's family." She said smiling at me and giving a wink. 

"My apologizes, Miss Marshall." Elijah chuckled.

"Call me Hayley." I corrected him.

"He's the most polite one out of all of us." Rebekah laughed.

"How are you?" I asked a bit concerned. 

"I've cooled down now. Niklaus has done worse to me but I always forgive him." She answered. 

"Hello love." Klaus said from behind Rebekah. She turned around. 

"Hello." I replied. 

"How's the baby?" Klaus asked.

"Well as always." I assured him awkwardly.

"Little wolf, care to join me for dinner tonight?" Klaus asked. Rebekah gave me a grin.

"Well I better go to my errands," Rebekah said looking at Elijah. "Care to join me?" 

"Of course." Elijah answered as they left. I looked at Klaus again.

"You guys don't have to act proper with me." I said.

"We grew up in a time where manners meant everything. I suppose it's hard to end that habit." He chuckled.

"I agree, manners are everything. But when you talk like that it scares me that I can't do that." I admitted.

"You don't have to, little wolf. So what do you say about that dinner?" He asked.

"Just us?" I asked.

"Just us." He repeated in a sure tone.

"Then I would be delighted." I agreed. 

"Wonderful. I will pick you up at six then." He said as he opened the front door.

"You ask me to dinner then leave?" I asked.

"Marcel and I have to talk again... family problems." He sighed. 

"More like a war." I mumbled.

"I will be there for you. I am doing to protect the baby." He replied as he got closer to me. I gazed into his eyes. They were warm, kind and sincere. 

"I'm sorry." I apologized in a sad whisper.

"Don't be. Just focus on the child," He paused looking at me. "I have to not only protect this baby but you too."