Chapter Three - Learning the Secrect

The car ride to Mike's parents and the ride back was very quiet. Mike had wanted to ask so many questions about C, but he wasn't sure if the man wanted to answer any. The guy was still so shy and timid, even though he was starting to be a bit more opened. He didn't seem as stiff and scared as he was a little after they got into the car.

When they arrived back at the apartment, Mike got out of the car, and helped C get out. "It's just like getting in, but in reverse," he told the man. C was able to get out with no problem from that, and looked at Mike for further instructions. Mike got the bag of art supplies and his electric guitar out of the trunk. He put the guitar on his back, and held the bag in his hand. C wanted to ask what all the things were, but Mike didn't let him.

"When we get up to the apartment, I'm going to go in and tell the guys that I brought you so they don't get scared or have the wrong idea, okay?"

"C-can I go in with you?" C asked with his body tensing up again.

"I'm not sure how the guys will-"

"If they see me with you, they might not be as scared," he interrupted Mike. "I do not want to be outside by myself though. I am afraid something might happen."

Mike frowned and sighed. "Okay then, how about I take you straight to my room then? You'll be safe in there and I can get you settled before telling the guys about you. Does that work better."

C smiled with a nod and loosened back up. He allowed Mike to grab his hand, then they were walking towards the apartment room.

Mike opened up the door, and quickly got C in before shutting the door and speeding off towards his room with C's hand gripped tightly in his. Brad saw them when they walked by the kitchen. "Hey, Mike," he said with a wave. "Who's the gu-"

"I'm sorry," Mike told him, and C gave him a small wave. "Can't talk right now," Mike told him as he got into the hallway and ran off with the stranger.

Brad stood there confused and slightly angered, but just guessed that Mike found that guy and was going to be messing around with him. He did look familiar in a way, so it wasn't surprising to him.

Mike got him and the man in his bedroom. He locked the door, and gently placed the bag and guitar down next to it. C was standing in the middle of the room and taking everything in. The room was huge, but not bigger than the one he had to stay in back at home. There was a huge desk beside a window that had pens, pencils, and different drawing and painting utensils on it, along with a lot of paper that had sketches on it. In the opposite corner was a big bed that had a colorful comforter on it, and two big pillows that matched. The colors brought out the fact that Mike was an artsy kind of guy, and C really liked that. It was different from the man he was around before.

To the left of him was a bunch of different instruments, including an acoustic guitar and bass on the wall, with a place for another guitar in the middle. There was a big piano in the corner next to them, and a keyboard close by. There was also a microphone in a case with the stand put off to the side. So Mike was also a music and instrument lover, another difference that C liked. The other side of the room where Mike stood was basically empty, except for the wall that was covered with a huge painting of someone surrounded by bright shades of blue and red.

This was the room he was going to stay in for a while, and he really liked it.

Mike took the electric guitar out of it's case and walked over to the wall with the other guitars on it. "I don't really know much about you," Mike said as he passed C. He put the guitar in the empty place and smiled.

"Neither do I," the other man said as he watched.

Mike walked over to his bed and sat down. He patted the space next to him to motion for C to join him. "I can put my art supplies up later. Right now, I want to know about you, so get comfortable."