Chapter 2: how did I get here?

When they reached the guest room, Kayla was already running down the stairs again to grab some suitcases.

"Does she do this often?" Albert asked Kira.

"Do what?"

"Show up out of nowhere?"

"Well, usually-"

"Hey!" Kayla seemed out of breath as she stepped into the room. She looked as if the weight of the world had just been lifted from her tired back, yet she was only carrying a very small suitcase. Y/N put it on the bed.

"Excuse me, miss," Kayla said passive-aggressively as she pushed past Y/N once again to her suitcases. Her face quickly returned to the usual cheery smile. She turned around, hands on her suitcase, and looked at Y/N. "Thank you."

"We're going downstairs now. Let's go, pretty boy," Kayla said to Albert.

"It's Albert, Kayla," said Y/N, teeth closed.

"No one told me!" She shrugged dramatically.

Y/N rolled her eyes as Albert said, "Let's go have lunch."

"Yay!" The kids shouted as they ran downstairs. Albert chuckled, head down, shaking it.

Y/N was about to leave the room when Kayla held out her arm. "Hold on, girl,"

Y/N looked at her serious face, hard as stone. She went from a warm, sunny day to lightning clouds and thunder in the distance. From a rose with soft petals like velvet to rough, wilted thorns. From a fluffy kitten to a fierce lion, she went, and full with intention of getting what she wanted.

"Yeah?" Y/N asked, a little intimidated.

"Back off from Albert."

"Woah, we've been dating for 2 months now. You don't tell me what to do." Though Y/N's words had force, she felt small. She could've sworn her cheeks became a little pink and her palms became a little sweaty and her heart beat a little faster, then skipped a beat, like a nervous musician who knew they were playing something difficult and different. And she was right.

"If you don't leave Albert for me I will tell my parents that you harassed me and you will lose your job. My best friend goes to your high school and she will spread rumors. I have stuff on the ready. We're prepared."

"How do you know where I go?"

"I know some people." She smirked ominously. "Don't mess with me." Kayla just walked off and down the stairs.

"What a bag of crap," Y/N murmured to herself.

After a few minutes, Y/N returned downstairs to the kids eating sandwiches at the table and Kayla sitting on the couch with Albert. She leaned on his shoulder and he was noticeably uncomfortable. Right when Y/N appeared, he got up and went to her. "Hey,"

Her lips parted, and Kayla glared at her from behind Albert. His face looked very concerned.
"Y/N-"

Y/N walked past him swiftly and went to sit next to Danny. "Enjoying your sandwich, Danny boy?"

"It's great!"

Albert sat back by Kayla, looking a little hurt. Kayla put her head on his shoulder and it did not help.

God.