Chapter 3

.^ Shuichi's POV ^.
Kokichi...Has been acting...really weird lately. And what I mean by that is, he doesn't come to school...And whenever he does come, it's always for a short while. And he always avoids everyone. Especially me. And...He never comes out of his house. I never see him on the street, in the park, at the mall...I don't see him anywhere..He doesn't even answer his phone, it's really concerning. And when I saw him on the street, we had a conversation, and he looked so pale. And I know he's already pale, but he looked like a ghost. A ghost with red puffy eyes, with huge eye bags underneath, and a hood over his head. He looked horrible. I wish I had asked him about it..But, I didn't.
I should have said something about it..Maybe, I can turn back around? Maybe-
I heard my phone chime, as soon as I heard it, I stopped walking, pulling out my phone.
It was from Kaede...
Kaede 🎶🎹💕
Heya, Shuichi! How're you doing? 😊💕

I smiled to myself looking down at my phone, Kaede was always so bright and cheerful..She always managed to bring a smile to my face.
. Shuichi🔎💙
I'm doing good, Kaede. How about you?

Kaede🎶🎹💕
I'm doing good! Thanks for asking!!
                                                                    Shuichi🔎💙
Oh, no problem..You're the one who asked me first, anyway.
Kaede🎶🎹💕
I guess that is true..But anyways, are you busy later, Shuichi?
                                                                    Shuichi🔎💙
No, I don't really have any plans for later, why do you ask?

Kaede🎶🎹💕
Alright then! This is gonna be perfect! I was wondering since you weren't busy, would you wanna come to to the mall with me, Kaito, Maki, Rantaro, and possibly Kokichi? 🙃

Shuichi🔎💙
Well, maybe..I'll definitely thinks about it. I'm not too sure about it, though.

Kaede🎶🎹💕
Pretty please? 🥺

I thought about it for a moment. If I did go, there was a possibility I would be able to see Kokichi again and ask him about a few things. But what if he didn't go? He has been ignoring a lot of people, especially me. But...I could text him, and ask him about it. And if he didn't answer his phone, I could probably confront him about it, or something like that. Yeah...Yeah, that would work.
                                                  .                    Shuichi🔎💙
Alright, I've made up my mind. I'll go. :)

Kaede🎶🎹💕
Alright! Awesome! 🤩 I'll tell the others, and could you try to get a hold on Kokichi? He hasn't been answering any of our texts..😅
Shuichi🔎💙
Oh yeah sure, I'll definitely try my best.

Kaede🎶🎹💕
Alright! You're seriously the best, Shuichi! See ya later! 😊✌️💕

Shuichi🔎💙
Yep...See you later, Kaede.

Kaede🎶🎹💕
💖🌟😊

With that positive note, I shut off my phone.
I started walking again, thinking to myself.

I have to ask Kokichi about this...

Authors note: Kaede would definitely use Emoji's in every sentence, change my mind.

.^Kokichi's POV^.
My phone had been blowing up. Nonstop. Messages from Kaede, Rantaro, Kaito, and surprisingly, even Maki. They were all talking about one thing. Meeting up at the mall.
Oh, hell no.
I did not need to see all those people. Even though I consider most of them to be my friends..I've been avoiding them, as if they had caught the plague or something like that. Especially Shuichi. And he knows it.
I sat down on my bed, chugging down a bottle of Panta. My throat began to clog again. I coughed, and I wasn't expecting to see what had come out of my mouth.
It was...much larger than flower petals. And at first, I thought it might be flower petals clumped together. But, that probably wouldn't have been very logical. And so I examined the bloody object and soon came to realize...
I hadn't coughed out flower petals..
What I had coughed out...Was much too large..

I had coughed out a rosebud.