First Encounter

-Begin Chapter-

I awoke to a cold, unsettling feeling in my room. I sighed and threw myself up from under the covers. I stood up and stretched before getting dressed, grabbing my phone and putting on my shoes. Kakashi said yesterday that we were supposed to meet at the training grounds today, obviously, to train. He didn't go into detail. I reached for my keys, then walked over to the door. I opened it, then closed it behind me, locking it. I walked down the street with a tired expression. About 2 minutes later, I reached the training grounds. Sasuke and Sakura were already there, sure enough. I put on my best dumb grin. "Sakura-Chan ! Sasuke! Good morning!" I shouted as I ran up to them, waving frantically. "Ugh, be quiet, will you?" Sakura said. I made my best sad expression. "Aww, you're so mean, Sakura-Chan...." I said, faking sadness as I held my head down. "Anyway, where's Kakashi-Sensei?" I asked, looking around. "He's probably 'Helping old ladies'." Sasuke said while air quoting. I nodded in understanding. "As usual, he's late." I said, Sasuke was sitting on the railing of a bridge, so I decided to join him since my legs were partially tired from walking. I sat far away from him so as to not make it awkward. I leaned backwards slightly, clenching the railing behind me tightly. "Tch. Be careful, you'll fall." He said. I looked over to him. "Oh shush, I'll be fine." I said. "Don't come crying to me when you fall." He said while crossing his arms. "Shut up, Teme." I said. "You're so impudent." He said, we both quieted down. I leaned back a bit further, but not too much to make sure I wouldn't fall. I decided to just stay still for a bit before I actually did fall.

"Ugh, where the hell is he?" I said, Sasuke shrugged and Sakura crossed her arms and shrugged as well. I sighed exasperatedly. "Yo." I heard someone say. "Kakashi-Sensei, you're late." I said while turning my head to the left. "Oh, I was helping—" "No, you were probably reading those perverted books again. That's sexual harassment, you know." Kakashi stared at me, giving me the obvious answer to what he was doing. "Ero." I said, turning my head away. Kakashi cleared his throat. "Anyway, let's get to the chase, shall we?" Kakashi said. "What are we even doing? You never exactly told us." I asked, glaring at him. "We're training, obviously." He said calmly as if that was the answer I expected. I sighed.

Sakura, Sasuke and I were supposed to be going head-to-head in a sparring match, apparently. Sakura and Sasuke were up first. Do I really have to explain what happened? Sasuke threw a punch and Sakura started wailing. As usual, Sakura is just being useless. She got up from off the ground and leaned on a tree nearby, holding her arm with her left hand. "Sakura has been eliminated." Kakashi said. Sasuke and I are up. We both stepped up to the middle of the landform. "And...begin!" Kakashi said. I dashed towards Sasuke, he backed up slightly as a result. When I was in reaching distance of him, I stopped and began to throw continuous punches and kicks, which were all blocked swiftly. I decided to throw him for a loop. I kicked and punched, but stopped and swiftly kicked his ankles, making him trip. While he was on the ground, I climbed on top of him and pounded on his face continuously. "That's enough, Naruto!" Kakashi said. I stopped hitting him and moved off of him. Payback, I suppose. When I looked back at him, his face was bloody. He had a nosebleed and many scratches. Ouch, that's really gonna leave a mark. I walked over to the bridge and sat on it's railing, leaning back slightly.

I dragged my feet along the pavement, all the while, looking down. I ran my hand on the walls. I've always liked the feeling of wood brushing against my fingers. I find it satisfying. I felt someone bump into me, I stumbled back. "Eh...?" I said. "Ah, sorry. Are you okay?" I heard a male voice chime in. I looked up to be met face-to-face with..."Ah! I-I'm sorry, I thought you were male." I apologized. "Eh? I am a man." He said. "Oh my god, I'm sorry!" I said. "It's fine, I'm usually confused with the female gender. I'm used to it." He said. I chuckled. "Naruto. Naruto Uzumaki, nice to meet ya!" I said. "Neji Hyuga, pleased to meet your acquaintance." He said.

-End Chapter-

A/N, cliffhanger but not really, I guess.