You Betrayed My Feelings

-Begin Chapter-

I awoke from my peaceful slumber to be pulled back into reality. I raised my hand and touched my cheeks which were still soaked with tears from last night's, what we'd call, 'Incident'. I want to see Neji...I got up from my bed and began to dress myself slowly. Neji gave me his number yesterday, so I don't have to go searching for him if I didn't want to. I checked the time. 3:21 pm. It's not too early to ask him to meet up. I unlocked my phone and tapped on the messages icon, scrolling down to Neji's name. I clicked on it and typed in a message.

Me: "hey neji can we meet up really quick i need to talk to someone
Sent at, 3:23

He almost immediately texted back.

Neji: yeah when
Sent at, 3:23
Me: like now maybe if u have time
Sent at, 3:24

Neji texted back a minute later.

Neji: ok that works where do you wanna meet
Sent at, 3:25

Er...let's see, there's that coffee shop that we went to...there's also the park...

Me: i mean we can meet up in the park and then go to the coffee shop if u want
Sent at, 3:25
Neji: k I'll meet you there ❤️
Sent at, 3:26

My heart skipped a beat. He didn't...he did, did he? He sent a heart emoji. I felt like I was about to pass out at this point, I felt dizzy. Anyway, back to the point. If we're meeting up now, I should hurry up. I quickly finished dressing myself and grabbed my keys and stuck my phone in my pocket. I speed-walked over to my door, unlocking it, opening it, then closing it behind me, turning around to lock it. I ran down the sidewalk in the direction of the park.

-Timeskip no Jutsu-

I finally made it after a short run, stopping to catch my breath. I saw Neji facing forward, standing in front of a bench. He can just sit down...I was on his left, I ran up to him and hugged his side tightly. I heard him gasp, he placed his hand on my head and began to caress my hair. "Ah, you came rather quick." He said. I chuckled. "You know that you've probably been here for at least 15 minutes." I said. "Eh, maybe." He responded. I let him go and said, "You know Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno, right?" I asked. "Yes, I do." He said. "So, they're dating and I had a tiny crush on Sasuke once before so I was kinda jealous, and—" I didn't notice that I was rambling. I stopped myself, then gestured for Neji to sit down. He complied and I followed suit. "So, I caught them kissing. It's like my heart is completely broken now that I've actually witnessed their love for each other. I thought that Sasuke hated her..." I said, not noticing that I was beginning to cry. Neji quickly reached for my face, wiping my tears away with his thumbs. "Don't cry because of him. He isn't worth it, he isn't worth your tears." He said, smiling sadly. I gave him a weak smile. "You're right, he doesn't deserve me anyway." I was pretty sure that wasn't what Neji meant, but I said it out of impulse. "Someone like him doesn't deserve your feelings, either." Neji added on, removing his hands. "So yeah, that's all I wanted to talk about. I didn't want to talk about it via texting, so that's why I asked you to meet me here. Thank you so much." I said, smiling. This was the very first time, or day that I actually gave an honest smile to anyone. He smiled back. "I'm happy to be of some sort of help to you." He said. I leaned over and gave him a quick hug before we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

-Second Timeskip no Jutsu-

Today, I felt more energetic. I put more effort in my movements and actions, even. I walked along the same pavement I always do with more energy. I walked normally, I even began to skip down the sidewalk. I ran my hand on the wood fences on my left side, doing patterns and twists with my hand. I wore a happy smile on my face as I skipped happily. I looked over to my right to see Sasuke and Sakura walking hand-in-hand. I didn't let it bother me, though. I walked up to my door and unlocked it with ease. I then opened it and stepped inside, closing and locking it behind me. I walked around my house, searching for something fun to do. I found some drawing supplies like paint, colored pencils, drawing pencils, paint brushes and canvases of all different sizes lying around my room. I picked them all up and laid them out on my bed. I sat myself down and got one of the paint brushes from a pack and imagined an image in my mind. I got an idea and began to draw. My hand twisted and twirled about on the canvas. I slowly grew tired and eventually, I fell asleep while painting.

-End Chapter-

A/N, (Insert cringey authors note here).