You're so Nice to Me...

-Begin Chapter-

"Oh, you're Hinata's older cousin?" I asked while taking a sip of my iced coffee. "Indeed. We are half siblings as well since our dads have the same DNA." Neji added on while drinking from the straw that emerged from his caramel cappuccino. "Oh, she never told me that." I said. He looked at me oddly. "You're friends with her?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, we dated until she broke things off with me. Just yesterday, actually." I said while moving my straw around. "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." He said. I was sure he said that just because he was trying to be nice, but I looked up at him and his eyes were full of pity. I stared at him for a short period before turning my attention back to my cup. "...Thanks..." I said. He smiled brightly at me, slightly warming my heart a bit. "...Ahem, so explain to me why you just decided to drag me into a coffee shop without a specific reason, will you?" I asked. He chuckled. "Because you intrigue me to no end. And also, because I felt bad for running into you like that." He said, smiling. "Ah, well, thank you...?" I said, rather, asked. "You're welcome...?" Neji said, imitating my voice. I glared daggers at him, then looked back down. "Sorry, I couldn't help it." He said while laughing softly. How could I even be mad at him? It wasn't that serious. "I forgive you." I said. "Anyway, how are you?" Neji asked. "How am I? Shit, actually." I said. "Why is that?" He asked. "Because I feel like it." I said. "Why?" He asked again. I've never actually thought about it before..."Argh! Now you're making me unsure of myself!" I said. "Well I mean, you can't just feel some way because you 'Feel like it'." Neji said. "Yes, I can." I said. "I'm not arguing with you, Naruto." He said with utmost seriousness. I hesitated for a moment. From what I could tell, he is a calm, gentle person from the small time period I met him. I also found out that he absolutely can be serious. I mean, everyone can, but that's not the point here. "No, you're right. I'll shut up." I said, unsure of why I would even utter those words."Thank you." He said, reverting back to his 'Nice guy' act. "So, how about you?" I asked. "I'm doing great now that I've met you." He said while smiling widely. "E-ehh?! What do you mean?" I asked, partially embarrassed. "Well, you seem like a nice person. To put it simply, you made my day." He said, still smiling. I realized that he meant that he likes me as a friend, maybe? I blurted out the first words that came to mind. "Uh, can we perhaps be...friends...?" I asked. His eyes lit up. "Of course!" He said happily.

I walked along the sidewalk, dragging my feet. My hand found its way to the wall. I looked into the woods and saw something. Like a moving figure. I walked over towards it and peeked through a tree. It was Sasuke and Sakura, I assumed that they were just taking a 'Romantic walk' deep in the woods or some shit. Just as I was about to walk up to them, I noticed immediately how Sasuke wrapped his arms around Sakura's waist and pulled her close. Before I could see what was actually happening, I was already halfway down the street. Tears of frustration streamed down my face and hit the pavement, some of them even landed on my clothes. I sprinted as fast as I could in the direction of my house. I neared my destination when I suddenly tripped over a rock. I got back up quickly and began to run again. I stopped at my door, fumbling with my pockets while I searched for my keys. I found them and inserted them in the keyhole and turned the lock. I opened the door, stepped inside and locked it again. I ran over towards my bed, flopping down on it. I began to sob, unable to stop the incoming tears that attacked my eye sockets. Crying was practically habitual now that I do it almost every day. I cried for about 20 more minutes until I felt myself drift off into unconsciousness. Before I did, I uttered a single name.
"...Neji..."

-End Chapter-

A/N, these chapters are short now, but later I'll make them longer since I don't really have anything to write like other authors do, but I hope you all stay with me till then.