twelve

Years and years have passed. After Kasper left Will behind in his car, she went to the city’s bus station. From there she took the next bus to the airport. She took the next flight to Canada. She went to go live with her best friend who she had spared a long time ago.

Little did she know Will knew exactly where she was going. He followed her, but stayed hidden. She never saw him through those five years. She forgot all about Will and Jack and the plan that he used her for.

She got married even, moved out of the apartment that she and her friend shared. She moved into a house and had a baby girl. She named her Lyla after her best friend that she had lived with. Kas even got a great job! She went into profiling and putting guy behind bars.

She was able to permanently get rid of all information that she was a killer. It had been five years after her daughter was born and the seventh year she had been with her team. There was a certain case on a unsub that stuck out to her. It was a style of killing she had recognized. That brings us to now...

Kas

“Lyla are you ready yet!” I yell up the stairs in our big house.

“Yeah mommy! I’m just putting my shoes on!” She yelled back.

A few seconds later my baby girl was hoping down the stairs. She is in a white sweater with a cat on it, pink stretchy pants and her pink tutu. Her hair is in lopsided pick tales.

“Ly did daddy do you hair?” I laugh.

“I asked him to, I like them mommy.” She smiled.

I would feel bad to fix them. Right as I was about to call my husband down he was there. I gave him a weird look and then gestured to Lyla’s hair.

“Kas she asked me to, I can’t say no to my princess.” He said with a killer smile.

“Oh Dylan of course you can’t. Lyla breakfast is in the kitchen.” I say and she hops to the kitchen.

Dylan walks down the stairs and then wraps his arms around my wait pulling me close to him. I giggled as he pressed our foreheads together. He is probably the best thing that’s happened to me.

“So Mrs. O’Brien do you still want more kids?” He laughs.

“I think Lyla is enough for now.” I say through my smile.

“Good because I can’t handle anymore driving to school.” He laughs.

“Well you are going to have to get used to it because I have to go to work, right about now.” I say and steal a kiss from him and head out the door.

I hop into my car and drive to the office. We have a local case and I know who it is. Will.

He has never crossed my mind until now. I recognized the killing pattern. A different thing every time, the victims never have a connection, but at every crime scene there was a match with the word 'gas' written on it.

I knew what that meant. He meant when we burned down the warehouse and killed Jack. That was the only thing that I didn’t forget. After all these years I remember those flames. I just push it all behind me and move on, doing the right thing.

I get to the office and ready right upstairs to where the rest of my team is. One of the people on my team comes right up to me. Ryan was one of the first people who welcomed me to the team.

“Morning Kas, we have another body. Few miles out of his killing zone.” Ryan tells me.

“I think I have a good idea on who this might be, someone I used to know.” I say.

Maybe it’s time I explain to them who Will is. I am going to have to cover my tracks. I have to lie to find Will.

“Really? How can you be so sure?” he asks.

“Just gather the team and I will explain, have Lily pull up the records of William Jack Poulter.” I say and continue to walk through the office.

I head to my desk and pull out files. All the files of the past kills. The files on all the people, their bodies, and all the clues. I gather them all and head to the meeting room. My whole team is already there. 

“Kas, Ryan said that you might know who the unsub is?” Carly, my boss asks.

“Yeah, a person I used to know.” I say and look at Lily.

Lily nods and his files are pulled up on the screen behind me. I turn around and look at them and I don’t see my name anywhere. Good.

“William Jackson Poulter. He was an old friend of mine. I found out he was killing people and I was next on his list. He burnt down a ware house and made me help him even though I didn’t want to. He then forced me in his car and was bringing him to the people he worked for. I never found out who they were because I ran from him and came here to live with my best friend Lyla.” I explained.

“So you knew the way he kills?” Richard asks.

“Yes. He changes the way he kills every time. Also the matches with the word gas on it. That was towards me and it was his hand writing. It only hit me this morning when I was thinking about it.” I sigh.

“Lily do you have an address?” Carly asks and Lily nods. “Okay guys on the move in five.”

Everyone scrambles to get out of the room. I head to my desk and grab my protective vest. I slip it on as I walk to the elevator. The cars are ready downstairs and we have the address.

He’s been quiet and that’s what worries me. He’s after me, for leaving him. He wouldn’t have left the matches behind if he wasn’t. Lyla and Dylan pop into my head.

What if he has them? What if they get hurt? He has to know about them by now! He has to and he probably does and that’s what makes my stomach twist into a huge knot.

We arrive in front of a worn down house and I know it’s the place. It was pulled up on satellite and it looks like Will lost him marbles after I left. Maybe he really did love me, but if you loved someone you wouldn’t manipulate them and take them to get them killed.

I love Dylan and probably never even loved Will. It was all in my head. It had to be, or I wouldn’t have left. He drove me away, he forced me.

I am snapped out of my thoughts when everyone starts to get out of the car. I take my gun out and turn the safety off. I’m armed and ready. They are about to bust open the door when it opens.

A broken looking Will stands in the door way. He looks through the crowd and locks eyes with me. They are full of complete hatred.

“She comes in or the girl dies!” He booms and points right at me.

Please not Lyla, please not my daughter!

-:-:-

Why do I end every chapter with a cliff hanger?!

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! IM SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL I WANT TO SCREAM!im trying to finish out this story with *counts on fingers again* two more updates? i dont even know yet.

@CrazyDree OH YOUR PART IS IN HERE! I thought it was cute!

And YOU! @Musicgeek4Eva look for your name soon *wink wink* oh and thanks for seeing if i was okay :) that was so sweet of you!

OKAY I LOVE YOU ALL! (Brooke)