The Light Behind Your Eyes

The Light Behind Your Eyes - My Chemical Romance

Reminds Me Of: Clover's Death

So, MCR (My Chemical Romance) is probably my favorite band ever. I listen to them a lot. This song makes me cry. (background of song. skip paragraph if you aren't interested) It was written as this letter to the fans who were/are suicidal. After they were sued by the parents of a teen who committed suicide. The parents blamed the band, which made them take steps to remind everyone that they did not support suicide and wanted people to stay alive. 

The lyrics are almost like a plead to a loved one from a dying person. Telling that loved one to never give up, even if they have to do it alone. This makes me think of Clover, how he would not want Qrow to fall back into depression and drinking because he is gone. Clover would want what's best for Qrow, especially after seeing him grow as a person. Clover is Qrow's only real adult friend, and he knows that. He knows the pain that Qrow has experienced, and he knows that Qrow is a broken man. I feel like Clover's last words shouldn't have been "good luck," but should have been a plea for Qrow to stay strong, to not lose hope. To never let them take the light behind his eyes.

Anyways, tell me what you think! Do you agree with my thoughts on this song? 

If you have a song you think should be on this playlist, let me know! I am so grateful for this community of RWBY fans that support one another. Thank you all.