Chapter Thirteen

Warnings: Angst

Word Count: 1885

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

*     *     *

You were starting to wear thin.

This was the fourth meeting Tyler had this week - supposedly the last one, although you weren't entirely trusting of that statement - which meant that it was also the fourth day that you had spent without him on your "break". Sure, you knew that there were a lot of things that he had to work out before tour started in a week, but this was starting to get ridiculous. Your patience was quickly dwindling.

It was nearing the time that Tyler was supposed to get home - on time, for once - although it didn't really matter. After every meeting this week, he had ended up spending an additional three or four hours on his laptop, doing more work. You usually spent this time watching TV in close proximity to him, but that was often the extent of your interaction. It gave you that same familiar feeling of Tyler still being away on tour, even when you were on the same couch.

You weren't so sure that you would be able to keep it inside much longer.

The front door opened, pulling you back out of your daydream. Tyler was stepping through, carrying a couple folders in his arms. He smiled at you once he realized you were sitting on the couch.

"Hi, lovely."

"Hi."

He finished taking off his shoes and then walked into the living room to give you a kiss, still carrying the folders under his arm. Once he had finished his hello, he continued on into the kitchen.

"How were things here?" he asked. You heard him drop the folders onto the table with a thud.

"They were ok. I talked to Marenna on the phone for awhile, but other than that things were boring as usual. How were your meetings?"

"I'm sorry to hear that. The meetings were good, but they were long and I'm exhausted. The good news, though, is that we're finally getting things done. As long as things go well early next week, we'll be good to go on time."

The faucet started running, so you held off on your comment since you knew Tyler wouldn't be able to hear you anyway. You idly tapped your hands on your knees.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you hear me?"

"Yeah, I was just waiting for you to finish running the sink."

"Ok."

Tyler's footsteps were loud as he came back from the kitchen and joined you on the couch. You smiled at him as he got comfortable.

"I'm glad things are going better, I know that's been stressing you out lately."

If only the things that had been stressing you out would suddenly get better.

"Yeah, it's like a huge weight off my shoulders. There are a couple things that I'll have to work on tonight and this weekend to make sure we don't fall behind, but it shouldn't be a big deal."

"Of course."

Tyler made a face at you, but didn't ask any questions. He just took another long sip of water.

"At the meeting today, we watched a rendering of what the beginning of the show is going to look like," Tyler said. He was barely keeping the smile off his face. "It's so cool, I can't wait for you to see it at rehearsals next week. It's just like... yeah. You just have to see it."