Chapter Twenty One

Warnings: None

Word Count: 2083

Author's Note: This is mentioned in the chapter, but I just want to make sure it's super clear that there's a time jump! This is a little more than a year after the last chapter, aka the night before the wedding. I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

*     *     *

You grabbed one of the boxes off the top shelf and passed it down to Tyler, who was standing near your hip. He took it from you and set it down among the others, fanning away some of the dust as he did so. Since tomorrow was your wedding, you and Tyler had decided to pull down all your old boxes of memories and look at some of the things that you had decided to keep throughout the course of your relationship before you started a new chapter together.

"I think that's everything," you said, feeling around the shelf one more time to make sure nothing was hidden in a dark corner.

"I didn't realize you had so many of these," Tyler said, looking around the small pile at his feet. "We have a lot to go through."

"We don't have to look through everything, just the important stuff."

Tyler held a hand out to you and helped you jump down from the chair you had been standing on. Together, you carried the boxes downstairs. Now that summer had finally come again, you often found yourselves in the living room with the windows open, enjoying the warm breeze and each other's company. The last couple months since the hiatus began had been peaceful, to say the least.

"Where do we even start?" Tyler asked. He was now sitting cross legged on the floor across from you, his hands rested on his knees.

"Wherever you want. You know all of my deepest, darkest secrets now, so not much is off limits."

Tyler's mouth slowly grew into a smile. You watched him for a moment, wondering if he had some sort of plan, but he simply said, "Ok."

You grabbed a box near you and slowly took the top off. Based on the things you could see on the top of the pile inside, it held memories from a few years ago, right around the time that Tyler had been working on writing Blurryface.

"Hey, look at this!" Tyler said, grabbing a photo from the box he was looking in. "We're so small."

He passed the photo over to you. It was of you and Tyler at one of his basketball games, most likely taken by either his mom or sister. The two of you were sitting on the sidelines, evidently before a game had started based on the lack of sweat on Tyler's face. Tyler had one arm around you and you were both smiling, but you could tell by your expression that you were trying to hide how excited you were about snuggling up next to Tyler.

"Look at my face," you laughed. "My smile is so dorky."

"Your smile is so dorky? Look at mine!"

"You look cute! I look like I'm trying not to pass out from excitement."

"Maybe we were both just dorks in high school," Tyler said, taking the picture back from you.

"Would you ever have thought that those dorky kids would end up getting married?"

"I think there were a couple people that thought it might happen, but I thought I was always going to be too scared to tell you how I feel."

"Was putting your arm around me your way of trying to hint at it?"

"Maybe," Tyler laughed.

You turned back to your box of things and started to dig through it. There were all sorts of things in there, ranging from pictures of Max when he was a newborn to bits of Tyler's lyrics that you had held on to.