Wilford x Reader

Written in a Third Person POV

Warfstache News INC. Located in such a deserted place, the team insisted he was here. Y/n stood a few feet away from the building's entrance, the yellow and pink modern exterior still looking quite new. A gold plated "W" was placed on top of the entrance, a finishing touch to such a place.

Y/n walked up to the entrance, only to see the doors were unlocked, easily accessible. With a flashlight in hand, she entered slowly, cautious of any traps or tricks. 

"Hello?" Y/n called out into the dark, soulless lobby. She took a few steps inside, her flashlight giving her only hints of her surroundings.

Suddenly, lights from all angles illuminated the dark lobby. Various spotlights were being aimed all around the room, like the beginning of a show, a circus. Y/n backed up towards the entrance doors, and soon she realized they were locked. The lights centered at one position in the room, creating a singular spotlight. He stepped into it, dressed to the nines in retro disco attire (insert MOTHERLOVING reference) and striking pink mustache and....wig?

A performance soon took place in front of Y/n's eyes. Music kicked in, and Wilford was off, whipping out his best. Meanwhile, Y/n stood in confusion, but not surprise. The man she was working with had a tendency to do these spontaneous things.

Finally, after a minute or two of dancing, Wilford ordered the music to stop. Normal lights turned on, and Wilford's eyes landed on Y/n. He yanked the wig off his head in some other direction, a charming grin gracing his face. Wilford had his full attention on Y/n, and will for a while...

"Welcome to Warfstache News INC! I am Wilford Warfstache, the sole employer and employee at this fine establishment. What may your name be, and how may I help you, darling?"

Finally, back to business, Y/n thought. All she needed was a few minutes in the building, and the operation would be complete.

"I'm Y/n, I came for the intern position. You told me through an email I can come in today."

"Y/n? Email? Intern? Today?" Wilford looked just as confused as he sounded. Y/n pulled out her phone, showing him the fake email interaction. Wilford looked at the phone bizarrely, but he just shrugged his shoulders and gave Y/n a reassuring smile.

"Well then, if that's the case, then I would love to give you a quick tour before you get started! Just follow me, darling!"

Y/n walked up so that she and Wilford were waking side by side. Wilford's curiosity got the best of him, so he asked a question he knew the real answer to.

"What brings you to such a place anyway? You don't find this...unconventional?" He turned towards Y/n, slowing down his strides.

"It might not be the first place that comes to mind, but I'm working towards something greater. We all start from somewhere," Y/n responded. Her response did have a double meaning. The task force assigned to Wilford's case were mostly rookies, including her. Many gave up their dreams of working in law enforcement altogether because of him. But not Y/n. He would be the reason she gets promoted into something more...progressive.

"A pretty girl with passion. Haven't seen that in a while..." Wilford smiled, a light blush reaching both of their faces. The game the two were playing did not make them immune from attraction.

Wilford escorted her throughout the rest of the building, showing Y/n important rooms and floors to know. It still irked Y/n that Wilford was here alone, yet he was so energetic like nothing could ever stop him. Wilford's excitement gave Y/n the impression that he was clueless. Y/n, however, would be in for a treat...