𝐱𝐯. the kung-fu party

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - the kung-fu party

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 rusted elevator creaked and shuddered as each of the four 'supers' stepped inside. Olivia's ears twitched and her face contorted into a grimace as she closed the metal doors of the lift. Small flakes of peeling paint and rust littered her skin as she secured the door in place. It was a tight squeeze; she wasn't going to lie and whilst none of them were out of shape, Luke was the equivalent of a mountain.

Herself and Jessica had their backs leaning against the side of the elevator, their arms touching just to make room for Mr. Muscles. Though she had to admit, Matt was definitely packing some muscles of his own, his costume helping to accentuate them. Okay, so maybe the costume wasn't all bad.

Her body jolted slightly as Matt pushed the lever to begin lowering them down and a small, amused smirk adorned his lips as the woman stumbled into him slightly. With a light scoff, her own lips quirked and she crossed her arms and leaned back, appreciating the small period of silence before hell inevitably breaks loose.

After a few moments passed, Matt quietly alerted the group that they were close.

"Anyone waiting for us?" Luke questioned as he peered over the edge of the elevator, seeing nothing but darkness.

Olivia exhaled sharply, after having focused her hearing, well, there was definitely a welcome wagon for the bunch. But the old woman was there, and Olivia couldn't wait for a rematch.

"Yeah, about thirty of 'em. All armed." Matt answered as he slowly moved his head in the direction of the silent wolf. "Including two of the ones we fought in the garage."

Jessica glanced towards her friend. "The old lady?"

"She's there." Olivia muttered. "And the guy who speaks Japanese."

"What about your girlfriend?"

Matt sighed; his mind drifting to that of Elektra and the memories that came with her. "She's- she's not my girlfriend."

"But you dated her, right?"

"We did, back in college. She came to Hell's kitchen recently and we... got close. She wanted to be what we were before, but I didn't.." He cleared his throat and averted his eyes. "She's down there."

Olivia could hear the pain in his voice; he may not have wanted to rekindle his relationship with her, but he definitely still loved the woman, after all, from what he had said, she had a large impact on his earlier life. It wasn't like he could just throw those feeling and emotions away entirely.