𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. the accusation

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 - the accusation

━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 when Olivia woke up, her face was tight from the salty tears that had sunk into her pores. As she sat up, she caught sight of Matt, who for once, woke up before her. The tension between the two was thick and it made her feel like she was wading through a swamp as she made her way over to the sink and splashed cold water on her face.

"I'm uh-" Matt spoke, gaining Olivia's attention. "I'm going out, do you want to come?"

She ran her eyes over him, brows furrowing at his attire; he was wearing a large coat, his glasses, and had a cane clutched in his hands. He looked like an idiot. "No, I'll stay."

Matthew nodded his head and swallowed, not being able to find any words to say to the wolf. "Alright. I'll uh, see you later."

She watched him make his way up the steps and she managed to slowly drag her eyes away from his form, focusing on her own reflection in the mirror. She rolled her eyes at herself and pushed off of the sink; making her way back to the bed; falling onto it with a huff.

This had been the first time that Olivia found herself alone for a very long time. For over a year it had either been herself and Jess, Luke, Trish, Malcome, Derek, Peter, and now Matthew. She hated being alone. It was just spare time to think and for people like herself; that was never a good thing.

And so, she leaned over the side of the bed and swiped up her laptop from the bedside table they had been sharing. She opened the device and the screen turned on by itself, she was someone who never bothered to actually turn it off.

She swiped her finger across the mouse pad of her mac and clicked on the little video camera icon. The mouse immediately hovered above her brother's name and she clicked, waiting for his face to appear.

After three beeps his face popped up on the screen and matching smiles lit up each of their faces.

"Hey, Der."

"I was wondering when you'd finally call." Her brother spoke with a grin before he looked over his shoulder and raised his voice. "Peter!"

"What?" Was his only response; he turned back to Olivia and the two simultaneously rolled their brown eyes before Olivia grinned at the sight of Peter running down the spiral staircase behind Derek.

The eldest Hale let out a mock gasp as he caught sight of his niece, his hand flying to his heart whilst his other dragged a stray chair over to the table that Derek was perched at. "Little wolf, is that you?"