A late night fly

After dinner, when everyone was supposed to go back to their common rooms, Potter leaned in close and said "Follow us." in a low whisper at Draco's ear. The blonde just nodded, trying to hide his breathlessness at the feeling of the other boy's breath on his neck.

They quietly walked down one of the many long corridors that were concealed in the walls of the castle. Hermione, Ron, Fred, and George followed closely behind as they opened the door and exited onto the quiet, damp grounds. The group broke out into a run towards the quidditch towers and Potter apparated, reappearing moments later, broomsticks in hand. Fred and George were in the air before Draco even had the time to Grab his own broomstick from the excited Harry Potter. It had been at least a year since Draco had really flown, and immediately an excited energy flowed through his veins like electricity.

He threw his leg over the broom as Hermione shrieked at Ron, who was chasing her on his broomstick. Draco kicked off the ground, seconds before Potter followed. They floated around lazily as Fred and George smacked a bludger back and forth. Draco ducked, nearly taking a direct hit to the head.

"Blimey!" Fred said, clapping his hand over his mouth.

"Nice going, you git." George said.

"Me?! You're the bloody git!" Fred retorted, flying directly at his twin.

"Watch it!" George said as they collided, swatting at each other. Draco almost doubled over laughing.

"Wanna race?" He asked Potter through his scattered laughs.

"Eh. I don't know. We probably shouldn't separate from the group." He said.

"Scared, Potter?" Draco asked, a devilish smile appeared on his lips.

Those green eyes flashed and a smirk pulled at Potter's lips.

"You wish."

And a moment later, they sped passed the quidditch towers. Draco inched passed Harry as they flew by the greenhouse. Harry started to catch up and he threw his body weight into Draco;s side, as if they were chasing the golden snitch.

"No fair, Potter!" He said throwing his own weight into the other boy. They were now flying over the dark lake. The starry night sky reflected over it's untouched surface. The full moon shined brightly, almost blindingly so, off the water. Once again, Draco felt a weight smash into his side, he shook his head and laughed before, once again, reeling into Potter, who slipped a bit, his foot splashing into the water. Instead of continuing on and taking the lead, Draco stopped as Potter righted himself. They hovered over the water.

"I win." Draco said, his head held high. Potter rolled his eyes.

"I guess so." He replied as they watched the merpeople swim lazily to the surface. They must've heard all the splashing. The two boys hovered there for a moment, listening to the hoots and howls coming from the forest, reveling in how serene it was.

Soon, they continued on, more slowly this time.

"So how have you been since, well.. You know?" Potter asked as they neared the edge of the lake.

"Honestly, it's been lonely. Both my parents are in Azkaban and I've been kind of left to deal with the manor by myself. I've got it all fixed now, but it was a bloody mess, literally." Draco said.

"I know how that is, being lonely, I mean. I've been staying at Grimmauld place when I'm not staying here." Potter said. "Just me and Kreature in that big unkempt house. Ron and Hermione come and visit me once a week, but once they're gone, it's just me and my thoughts."

If Potter's thoughts were anything like Draco's, he knew they were not a nice thing to be left alone with.

"It's been better though, since I've been here." Draco said as they re-entered the quidditch circle.

"I noticed." Potter said, his brilliant green eyes settled on Draco's lips, which were curved unto a smile. The Gryffindor came closer, taking Draco's chin in his hand, gazing deeply into his smokey, mercury eyes. Draco's breath hitched as Harry pulled his hand away and sank to the ground. He followed close behind as the others gathered on the ground.

"We should get going then?" Fred and George said in sync.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

this chapter ended kina weird, but as usual, more is coming tomorrow! stay tuned, please vote and comment