Investigating

"Good, you found her!" Paul says wrapping his arms around me. "Maddie we were all so worried, are you ok?" Paul asks. "fine." i say. "Why didnt you call me to let me know you got home alright?" Paul asks. "Because i thought you were going to come home!" i say. i shrug out of Pauls arms. "alright whats your problem?" Danny asks. "everything." i say sitting down. "i just, shouldnt have even moved to maryland." i say rubing the back of my neck. "what?" Paul asks. "i have no family, and basically you and danny are my only friends." i say. Paul sighs. "i should just go back to new york to live with my dad." i say. "please Maddie, dont, i love you ok, we both do!" Paul says. "that doesnt matter." i say. "can you shut up?! Your so negetive!" Danny cries. "Danny, she's gonna cry." Paul says hugging me again. "i just want somebody to understand." i say. "im sorry, i would if i could." Paul says.

           "hey." i say to Danny. "hi." he says. "i um, could use one of our heart to hearts at our bridge." i say looking at his face. "Grab your coat love." Danny says. i shrug and just grab one of his sweathshirts off of his floor and slide it on. he laughs and does the same.

           "kinda cold out." i say. he pulls me closer to him. "im sorry for snapping at you today." Danny says. "its fine. i am a really negitive person." i say. "you have reasons though." Danny says. "i just wish my mom would come back. i havent herd from her in more than 3 months." i say. "im so sorry." Danny says. "its not your fault." i say.

            when we get to our bridge we sit down and watch the water sltream over the rocks. "why are you dating Becca?" i ask. Danny sighs. "i dont know. i, i really love you Maddie, you know that. but waiting for someone who doesnt like you back is like waiting for a plane at the train station. its not coming." Dany says. "i love you." i say. "i do. but i love Paul Danny, and i cant do that to him." i say. "do you even like becca?" i ask. "Becca's great." Danny says. i sigh.