Selected

"you know, you look dumb when you whine like that."

"and scene." my mom said as she stopped the recording. we were taping my audition for an upcoming netflix original rom-com. i was auditioning for Jessie, the girl next door who helps Noah, the lead, get his crush to like him. Jessie is younger than Noah by two years since he's in 10th grade and Jessie's in 8th. I was auditioning online since they were casting from all over the country.

I've done a lot of acting over the past few years with minor side character roles and background work. I had a wonderful coach named Daniella who helped me act and grow. My mom is basically my manager and she supports me 10/10.

"now I am half positive you will get this role" my mom said cheerfully.

"why only half?"

"I don't wanna jinx it!"

I giggled, and walked up to my room to change and take off my makeup.

two weeks later

I was watching the clock as my history teacher rambled some useless bs. I looked across the room at Tatiana and sent a kiss to her. she sent one back. I glanced over at the guy beside her and he winked at me. ew no ty, that wasn't for you. my phone vibrated, I got a notification from my mom telling me to call her when i get the chance

at the end of class I called my mom and she picked up immediately.

"hey jessie how are you?"

"uh what..? wait. NO WAY"

"andddddd i'm taking you out of school early."

i jumped up and down receiving glares from judgy people. I rolled my eyes and ran to Tatiana and hugged her.

"someone's clingy today." she said

"that someone is JESSIE!" i shouted at her.

"NO FUCKING WAY! HOE I KNEW YOUD GET IT"

she hugged me.

"look, don't post abt it or anything, no one is supposed to know"

"gotcha"

at home

"what do you wanna do today, since you got the part, we can have a girls day!" mom exclaimed as she hugged me.

"hmm.. could we do bubble tea, mall, then photo shoot so we can post for my business account" I asked.

"sure, your sister doesn't end school till 3 and it's currently 10."

we got to the mall and headed to garage first. i held up a shorter, but not too short off the shoulder top.

"you're 15, you have plenty of time to dress like a thot, why decide now?" my mom commented when she saw my looking at the shirt, "here, try this."

she held up an ugly christmas sweater. i chuckled. mom was stricter on clothing since the clothes people wear my age are more revealing, luckily my cousins give me hand me downs that i hide in my closet.

when it was 2 ish we were preparing to leave the mall, as we were walking out, in the corner of my eye i saw a cuter boy with brown hair. i glanced over at him. GRIFFIN GLUCK?!

"mom! thats griffin gluck!?" i whisper shouted at her.

"no way! wanna go ask him for a picture?"

"can you?"

"girl no do that yourself"

i walked over to him.

"hey? are you griffin gluck?"

"no..."

"oh uh sorry then" I said walking away.

"im just playing! yeah its me. did you want a photo?"

"if thats cool with you."

mom took our photo and i thanked him before walking away with her.

Griffin Gluck has been my celebrity crush for the longest time. it was on and off but i've always liked him. i posted the photo on my story and tweeted what had just happened.

once i got home i changed into one of the outfits i had just bought and headed out to meet Tatiana to take photos.

instagram

(your username): Mom approved

tatimcquay: HDJSD wb me, ur alabama cousins' approval🥶🤡

(hater1): girlie really b thinking shes famous now.

(user2): @grffingluck 😉

almost everyone on all my social media accounts started commenting and tagging griffin on all my posts after seeing that one tweet.

Twitter

(your username):
GUESS WHO JUST MET GRIFFIN FREAKING GLUCK AAAAAAAAAA
_________________________

(user1):
girl he too old for your 15 year old ass 🤡💀

(user2):
@griffingluck 😉

griffingluck:
GUESS WHO JUST MET Y/N FREAKING Y/L/N AAAAAAAAAA