Chapter 11: Missing

As Regina was finishing up the last part of dinner she suddenly got a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"Whoa! What was that?" Regina exclaimed.

Regina shrugged the feeling off and went back to what she was doing. A few minutes later Regina looked at the clock and realized she was running a bit behind on getting ready so she put the finished lasagna in the warming drawer and headed upstairs to get herself ready.

As Regina was staring at her clothes in her closet wondering what she was going to wear to impress Emma the bad feeling came back. This time she couldn't ignore it.

What if something is wrong with Henry? What if he's hurt and can't tell me because he's unconscious? Regina thought.

Regina quickly threw on her silk robe and ran to Henry's room.

"Henry?! Are you alright?!" Regina asked in an alarmed tone of voice.

"Yeah, Mom. I'm fine. What's wrong? Why do you sound scared?" Henry responded.

"I'm not scared, Henry. I just haven't heard you make a noise for a while and I got worried. That's all. I can see that you're fine so I'm going to leave you to get ready for dinner with Emma." Regina said.

"Okay. Thanks." Henry responded in a confused tone of voice.

Well, that was rash and unlike me. What's gotten into me lately? Regina thought.

It then dawned on Regina that she hasn't felt herself lately because of Emma.

An hour has passed and Regina and Henry are still sitting at the table waiting for Emma to arrive.

As Regina sat there waiting for Emma her thoughts turned sour.

Where could she be? I told her 7 o'clock sharp. It's now 8 o'clock. She is frequently late so this shouldn't be that big of a surprise to me. What if she changed her mind and decided she didn't want to come? What if she doesn't really like me and this was just a game? Of course it was a game. She just wants to take Henry from me. Oh, she's good. I almost fell for it too.

"Mom? Should we call her again? Maybe her phone was dead and now it's charged?" Henry asked.

"No, Henry. Whatever is keeping Ms. Swan doesn't concern is anymore. If she was going to be late she would have called already. Clearly she doesn't want to be here or even give us the common curtesy to cancel." Regina responded.

"But what if something..." Henry said before being cut off.

"No excuses, Henry. Ms. Swan is an adult. She has to live with her decisions. We can take a hint. Now eat your dinner, finish your homework, and go to bed. I don't want to hear anything else about it. Understood?" Regina snapped.

"Fine!" Henry said.

Henry finished his dinner and went upstairs to get ready for bed.

It really bothered Mom that Emma wasn't here tonight. That's a bit strange. It is unlike her to not call or text if she's running late or has to cancel. I wonder why she didn't come? Could something have happened to her? Could she be hurt somewhere and no one know it? Henry thought.

Henry made sure Regina was in her room and asleep before he snuck out of the house.

As Henry rode his bike to Mary-Margaret's apartment he kept going over different scenarios in his head as to why Emma didn't show up.

Henry knocked on Mary-Margaret's door and was very shocked to see who answered it.

"Emma?" Henry asked extremely confused.