{7} ~omaticaya~

𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊

"it is time for your dreamhunt, jake." imani spoke, walking into the hut with a bowl of white paste in her hands, neytiri trailing close behind.

"you look nervous." neytiri commented, taking the bowl from her mate as they settled in front of him. neytiri sat in front of jake whilst imani stood behind him.

"yeah well, i am about to be poisoned." jake shuddered, glancing between them nervously. imani sighed, taking his hands in her own, wrapping her fingers around his pinky.

"all na'vi people must perform the ritual to become omaticaya. i will not lie and say it is safe, but you are strong. strong heart. strong mind." imani comforted him, neytiri smiling blissfully at her mates words. "i have no doubt that you will make it jake."

"thank you, mani." jake sighed, feeling his heart calm.

"do not thank." she shook her head, gently letting his hands go.

"now, we must prepare you for your dreamhunt."

the two girls took their time in painting his body with the white paste, creating intricate swirls that lead up his torso, across his chest, down his arms and around his face. when they finished, neytiri and imani met eyes from over his shoulder. sharing a nod, they both backed away. "you are ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jake performed his ritual, succeeding with flying colours. now, circled by the omaticaya people, neytiri to his left, imani to his right, he stood before eytukan. "you are son of omaticaya now. you are part of the people." eytukan announced, placing his hands on jakes shoulders.

feeling two pairs of hands touch his shoulders and chest, jake turned to his left and right to see both imani and neytiri smiling proudly at him. he let a tiny smile grace his lips before turning back to eytukan as the rest of the people surrounded him, placing their hands on him and one another as they completed the ritual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

neytiri and jake skipped through the forest, running along the tree branches, vines and rivers to get to where neytiri wanted to take him. neytiri had her hair down for a change, the top layer pinned back with a yellow flower in the middle. she wore a purple top that left little to the imagination, jake couldn't help but let his eyes wander.

neytiri had said that imani was going to meet them there, so he guessed that she wasn't dressed much differently.

racing after her, he grasped the tip of her tail playfully causing her to gasp and turn on him with a playful snarl. both of them laughed as the fan-lizards shot into the air in an array of beautiful colours before neytiri grasped jakes hand. "hurry, imani is waiting." she dragged him up a pathway and towards the glowing tree of souls. light pulsed under their feet as they stepped, the only sounds being their breathing and the forest life around them. it was so peaceful, quiet and remote.

jake gently touched the glowing, dangling, violet leaves of the sacred tree as he passed, completely amazed at it's beauty.

"imani!" neytiri greeted, snapping him out of his daze. he shot his head to look at where neytiri had darted off to, his eyes slightly widening as his suspicions were correct. much like neytiri, imani had her hair pinned out of my face but completely un-braided. it was wavy as it dangled over her right shoulder, reaching just to the bottom of her ribs. two thick strands of her hair were twirled out of her face and pinned at the back of her head with an intricately made pin that slightly glowed with the forest, night life.