{9} ~toruk makto~

𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊

neytiri was heartbroken. her mate had betrayed her, her home was destroyed, her father was dead, half of her people were dead and so was imani. her sweet imani. her best friend, her lover, her imani. or so she thought.

a screech filled the air, causing the na'vi people to gasp in fear until they realised it was a lone ikran. keke. neytiri gasped, stepping away from her mother as the ikran landed, carefully laying something on the ground as he did so. he crooned at her, nudging the figure he brought with him with a sad whine.

"imani!" neytiri gasped, rushing forwards. dropping to her knees, she took her mate into her arms. "imani?" mo'at kneeled next to her, pressing her hands to the girls chest.

"she is alive. she's alive, just unconscious. but we must keep moving, ma trr." mo'at spoke softly, brushing the braids from her daughter-in-laws face.

"you saved her, keke. thank you." neytiri spoke softly before picking her mate into her arms, carrying her bridal style. keke cooed before taking off into the sky, keeping close by and following the remaining war party in the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

imani had awoken under a tree of souls, gasping for air as mo'at loomed above her. neytiri gasped, rushing forwards and taking her mate into her arms with a cry. "imani!"

"where are we?" imani asked with a cough, hugging neytiri back as she peered over her shoulder at the remaining omaticaya people who wept behind them.

"the tree of souls." neytiri sniffled, backing away. "i was so afraid, imani. i thought you died. papa, he didn't make it." neytiri sobbed. "our home is gone."

imani sniffled, tears welling in her eyes as she took her mate into her hold again. "i'm sorry my love, i'm so sorry. he is resting with eywa now, she is taking care of her children." she soothed, kissing neytiri's forehead.

hours passed and the people had gathered together to sing in matrimony, praying to eywa. imani sat besides neytiri, in between her and ninat, singing in harmony as they held hands. a giant shadow loomed over them, halting their harmonious singing as they looked up to the sky. the people screamed in terror as toruk landed in front of them, rearing up and flaring his wings with a mighty roar.

"jake." imani muttered, lowering her bow as her mate slid off of the beasts back.

"toruk makto?" mo'at murmured to herself, voicing all their thoughts.

neytiri and imani stepped forwards as jake walked through the people who parted ways like a colony of fish surrounding a shark. they murmured within themselves, some reaching out to touch him, others lowering their heads in intimidation or respect. but he had his eyes on one thing, or rather, two things.

as he reached them, he tilted his head at the two women who held hands tightly. "i see you." neytiri mumbled, staring at him in wonder.

"ma'jake." imani whispered, her eyes welling with tears.

"i see you, both of you." jake looked between them. imani reached forwards, placing her hand on his cheek as he reached his hand for neytiri, placing his palm on the side of her neck, cupping her jaw.