{10} ~the great war~

𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊

flying through the hallelujah mountains, imani led the omaticaya warriors with a cry. "have no fear! have no fear!" she yelled, earning a series of war cries in return.

they flew behind jake who was on the back or toruk, holding a large weapon from the sky people. to his left flew neytiri, grasping her fathers bow, painted in yellow and green war paint. to his right was tsu'tey, painted in blue and green war paint.

imani and keke were both painted to match, bright green and purple paint adorning their skin. tradition for the leaders of the war parties, to distinguish them from their warriors.

jake looked at her from over his shoulder as they approached the battle field. as their eyes met she nodded sharply.

jake nodded once before turning back around as they swerved through the mountains, the ikran people of the sea perched on the rocks, blending in and waiting for their commands.

"attack! attack! attack!" imani shouted, giving them their cue as toruk turned to a dive, quickly following. the ikran people and omaticaya all followed, crying out and ululating as they did so, bows raised and ready for battle.

diving after jake and neytiri, she snarled as she released her arrow, hitting the pilot in the chest with perfect precision. the pilot died immediately, the plane turning on it's side to crash into the mountains below.

toruk grabbed a plane in his talons, turning in the sky he threw the plane into a mountain with a roar.

the war had begun.

ikrans hailed down from the sky, latching onto air crafts as their riders took out the pilots, tossing them around the sky and causing explosions to shake the mountains around them.

the air crafts began to shoot back, knocking na'vi and ikran from the sky like flies, wails and screeches filling the gaps between the sounds of missiles and gun fire.

imani swerved and twirled in the sky as she urged keke to dodge the bullets mercilessly fired at her, hissing in annoyance. flying upwards, she swerved into a mountain stack, the tight turn causing the plane to crash into the rocks.

she cried out before pulling keke towards herself, flying him upwards. flipping over in the air, they turned to a dive, aiming towards a pit of sky people shooting from the top of a large ship. she grabbed a small device jake had given her and pressed the red button like he showed before tossing it at them with a cry. shooting past the aircraft, she looked over her shoulder as the device exploded, destroying the pit and killing the sky people.

a sudden, searing pain in her arm grabbed her attention and she yelped, keke faltering in the sky as a bullet skimmed his wing. regaining her balance, keke flew away from the ship, only for the aircraft to race after her.

imani tried to shoot over her shoulder but it was almost impossible steering her injured ikran, dodging missiles and shooting at once without looking at where she was going.

she flew towards a mountain, crying out as a bullet hit her shoulder. keke screeched as it did, the two of them sharing the pain through the bond.

suddenly the ship exploded and another aircraft flew over her head, painted in blue and white paint. imani pulled an arrow to aim but lowered her bow at the sight of the woman inside, painted in na'vi warpaint with feathers in her hair.