Civil

Draco's POV

I sprinted up the seven flights of stairs, following Harry's scent. When I came to the ROR entrance I simply said: "I need the room with Harry Potter in it," and it opened. I wanted to rush in but that'd make way to much noise. I kept my footing like while entering and walking through the room. The room he was in was my bay window room. I guess it was quite relaxing. But he wasn't sprawled out across a couch. I heard bawling. Pottah was curled up in a corner crying.

I silently walked over, then sat next to the weeping boy on the floor.

"Bad day, Potter?" I asked sincerely. The distraught Gryffindor sniffled.

"Clear off, Malfoy," he replied with not the slightest enthusiasm. He was obviously not fond of me being here but I discarded the thought.

"I'm not gonna do anything," I said like it was obvious, "I shockingly have emotions hence why I wouldn't stoop as low to tease you while breaking down." He managed a small laugh, stifled by his sobs.

"Joy!" Harry managed, every so sarcastically.

"Okay. Damn. Honestly." I said speechless, "Look. The last few years have been stubborn and tragic so could we at least be civil for the last one?" Abruptly he stopped and wiped his eyes, then looked up at me.

"Am I talking to Draco or is this a joke?" He questioned genuinely yet sarcastically. I didn't feel the need to answer so I got up.

"Truce?" I asked. I held out my hand whilst he looked at me then smiled.

"Truce," he decide taking my hand as a handshake and help getting up. I was about to beckon him out of the room but I stopped to scan him over. I'm just seeing this now but Harry looks abnormally pale and bony. He looked confused but I brushed it off. My eyes flick over him many times till I noticed. My eyes grew wide when I saw a greenish-brown bruise on his face by his left cheek. I touched it without warning but he flinched away.

"How— who did that?" I knew if I asked how he would lie. His face darkened.

"I just—"

"No. You're lying. Who did it too you?" I asked denying him firmly. Harry looked down. It couldn't be a good topic but my Veela side was determined to get to the bottom of this.

"Muggles," he muttered, "my muggle Aunt, Uncle and cousin abuse me." I was shocked to see responded without any procrastination.

"Show me," I told him even though it should have been a question and only realizing how dirty and creepy that sounded afterwards. "The bruises," I finished awkwardly.

He reluctantly pulled up his sleeves to show me only his for arms - which barely had any real skin colour left on it - were covered in bruises of all different colours. Red, purple, blue, black, green, brown, yellow. I was horrified but no more furious.

"I'm taking you to Madam Pomfrey," I declared. He opened his mouth then shut it knowing not to bother. Harry looked at me bewildered. "Come on. It's only 4 floors down." We walked through the school and down a few flights of stairs till we reached the hospital wing.

"Madam Pomfrey?" I said knocking. She opened the door almost immediately but with a frown on her face.

"What scuffle have you 2 got into on the first day?"
the matron inquired.

"No fights, you just need to treat Harry." I could tell she was surprised probably thinking  'Since when did Draco care for Harry?' Always if I'm being honest. She turned to Harry.

"Do you want me to explain?" I mouthed. He nodded his head in response. "I'll explain," I told Madam Pomfrey.

"Well as you know, Harry used to live with muggles. But what he didn't tell anyone, they abused him. So he is bruised and has a few odd cuts." The matron gasped and looked toward Harry, who was having an intense staring contest with the floor and I'm proud to say he's winning.

"Why didn't you tell me," she questioned, "or better Dumbledore, that you were being mistreated and abused!" He didn't answer. " Let's get this over and done with. This a summers worth?" The Gryffindor nodded. "You can go to classes but you must spend nights here for 5 days." He nodded again. " And for you Mr. Malfoy, attend dinner, we'll talk later.

"Goodnight," I almost walked away then stopped, "and see you tomorrow Harry."

"Bye," he muttered. And then I walked away.

*******************

My word count is: 765