5

this is gonna be the 8th prompt on the list i posted hehe

takes place after EJ and Nini broke up but before Ricky and Nini get together!

Nini's POV

All EJ was doing for the past few days was trying to win me back. He was tossing compliments and trying to make himself seem more attractive and more appealing. It wasn't really working, but he kept trying anyway. I was able to ignore him pretty easily but that didn't stop his efforts.

Today he came in to rehearsals and I could tell from the moment that he stepped up next to me that he had doused himself in cologne like Ricky had that one time, but this one was not the best scent. It was incredibly strong and I was most definitely not a fan. 

"Hey, Nini, how are you doing? Do you like my new scent? I thought I'd try it out today," EJ said. 

I scoffed, "Did you pour the entire bottle on yourself? Seriously, EJ, what the hell?"

"I only used most of it! Come on, it smells really good!" He pushed himself closer to me and I stepped back. 

"Not interested. Really. Go get ready to rehearse," I said. 

EJ sighed and started walking over to the other basketball players. Ricky had already been there when I arrived. He waved shyly at me and I returned it with a smile. Ricky then turned and started talking to EJ about the scene they were about to run. 

As Ricky stepped closer to EJ, I saw him be hit by the wave of smell that came with EJ's cologne. Ricky immediately stumbled back and sneezed towards his arm three times. 

"What is that smell? Why is it so strong?" I heard Ricky ask. 

Then, I heard EJ lie, "What are you talking about?" 

I rolled my eyes. The smell had made my eyes water at first and I understood why Ricky had that sort of reaction. 

"Fuck, what is it?" Ricky held the back of his hand up to his nose and pressed it up against his nostrils. Shortly after, he sneezed again. 

"Bless you. Interesting," EJ said. 

Miss Jenn then entered the room. "Today we're going to be starting with Get'cha Head in the Game, so we'll run Chad and Troy's lines directly before it and then we'll get the song going. Sound good? Nini, you'll warm up with Gina while we work on that."

Everyone shuffled around. Ricky stumbled a bit as he muffled three sneezes into his elbow. 

"Bless you, Ricky, let's get to our places, people!" Miss Jenn rushed everyone. 

Ricky asked, "Wait, before we start can I go find some tissues?"

"No time, Ricky. Rehearsal has started. Maybe during break." Miss Jenn pretty much sidelined his request. 

So instead, Ricky wiped his nose on his sleeve and gave a sharp sniffle. 

"Can I get you two a little closer to each other? You're supposed to be best bros, right? Act like it," Miss Jenn critiqued. 

EJ took a large step towards Ricky, and immediately Ricky bent in half and sneezed twice. 

"Sorry, I'm sorry. Something in here is setting me off just give me a minute, I'll be fine." Ricky's face went red. He rubbed at his nose ferociously, leaving it even more red than it was a moment before. 

They started to run their lines, Chad telling Troy that no basketball players did theater. I could tell by the look on Ricky's face that he was trying not to sneeze. He let out a small cough that Miss Jenn didn't cut the scene over, she let them keep going.