Chapter Six - The Strangers

Glory slowly woke up. She had a terrible headache, and when she tried to sit up, her body felt stiff as a statue. Opening her eyes she looked around. Her heart skipped a beat when Glory realized where she was. Her body was strapped to a table and she could see other dragons gathered around her. She heard Scarlet laughing at her as one of the dragon's reached towards her open mouth and using a special tool, clamped it onto one of her fangs. Suddenly Glory's heart was pounding. The dragon Glory now noticed to be Peril, yanked the tooth out of her mouth in one fluid motion. Glory screamed in agony.

"Don't worry, only one left to go," Scarlet sneered, then a different dragon came to pull out the next tooth. This time it was Morrowseer. Glory squirmed, trying hard to break free, but Morrowseer already had the tool around her next fang...

Glory woke up from the nightmare, and heard voices coming towards her. That was just a dream, but now it was for real. The voices were hushed, but RainWings had good hearing, so she listened intently.

"We are going to be in so much trouble," It was a male's voice, but not one she recognized. The dragon that spoke next though was one she could ever forget. But, that's not possible...

"Yes, but the queen won't hurt me. Also, we will only be in trouble if we get caught," Peril pointed out, a hint of a smile in her tone.

"She will once she knows you've lost your fire," the male argued. "As for me, I will get in trouble for sure!"

"Well, I'm not going to just leave, Hawk, not when I know that RainWing is trapped in this dungeon."

"You don't have to get revenge Peril," Hawk put in desperately.

Glory tensed as the two dragons stepped up to the door leading into her cell. Glory heard the sound of what she guessed were keys clinking against the door. After several minutes, the lock clicked and the door opened.

Glory growled at the strangers and struggled against her chains, but it was no use. There was no way Glory could escape, Scarlet had made sure of that.

The male dragon, Hawk, shuffled nervously away from Glory when the door opened. The female stepped up to her with confidence, causing Glory to growl louder.

"Relax," said the orange female, "I'm not going to hurt you." Glory rolled her eyes. Whatever Scarlet had tasked the apparently not-dead Peril and her friend to do to her, was presumably not good. Glory had killed her for moons sake. Peril stepped even closer to Glory, so their snouts were almost touching. Hawk tried to protest but was whacked in the face by her tail (no burn marks?). The dragon's eyes were like garnets as she peered into Glory's eyes. Glory glared back, but not even she was prepared for what happened next.

"We're going to get you out of here."