Chapter Three

Kasumi's Pov
"So then what happened next?"

"We just ran around all day outside before we went to the one gambling hall there is here, and I won all this money he was kinda impressed."

"Damn right he was."

I cracked a grin but focused on the puzzle at hand. It was a new one I created. I always was doing making new ones to challenge my brain this was one with a cube full of colors, and you mixed up the colors and tried to slide the cube over and over to get all the colors matching.

It had been a few weeks after I hung out with Shikamaru and with that fresh in my mind, we made it a goal for us to hang out whenever we could. It could be so random, but I enjoyed my time with him.

It was peaceful and I felt like a little girl when in reality I was sixteen. I glanced up at Gaara seeing he was reading through some papers he bought with him, and Kankuro was passed out sleep on the little window by the balcony his blanket wrapped around his shoulders.

Temari was out doing only what me and Gaara could imagine. "I don't want you to hate me or think I'm strange but you and Shikamaru would be a cute couple." The sudden sound of Gaara speaking again made me look up quickly the cube still in my grip.

I inhaled at how random it was. "Gaara don't say that that's your sister's boyfriend," I mumbled looking back down at the cube sliding it around some more almost done I told myself.

"I'm just speaking the truth I love Temari and I'm happy she found someone you know, but when I rethink about it, and think back to everything you and Shikamaru have a lot in common. You love for puzzles. You are extremely lazy when it comes to training and things like that. And when you two are around one another it just seems right... I'm just saying." I let my train of thought trail off with Gaara's words before shaking my head deeply to get rid of the thoughts.

No, I wasn't gonna be that kind of girl who had thoughts and dreamed of another girl's boyfriend that was wrong on so many levels. I could get over this with time. Lots of time.

___________________________________
I let my eyes scanned the little chess pieces sitting criss-cross on the table focusing my full attention on it. Ino and Choji were sitting by me watching me play the chess game with myself. There were so many ways to win but I was just scanning my brain for every way.

"You know if you and Shikamaru played who do you think would win?" Ino questioned a playful smirk across her lips.

I let my own smirk stay across my lips and hummed poking my tongue out moving the strands of my short hair from my eyes "probably him, is that even a question. " I laughed moving a piece and didn't even look when Shikamaru plopped down in the seat from me sighing loudly.

"Man I'm so tired that mission was such a drag. Oh, here Kasumi." He sent me a grin placing a fully completed color cube near my thigh. "It only took me thirty minutes to complete I'm quite proud of myself." He boasts a lazy grin still spread across his lips.

"I did it in twenty Shika," I muttered moving a piece across the board and Shikamaru scoffed laughing quietly and I focused on him.

"You wanna make it a bet woman." He challenged me leaning forward at me. I quickly flicked his nose laughing quietly.

"Alright we can make it a bet, I've been making puzzles left and right, when you are free come to the apartment we are staying at, we can play puzzles all day and I can prove I can beat you how does that sound." Me and Shikamaru were having a playful state down, before he chuckled leaning back in his seat.

The lazy grin still on his lips before he held his hand out for me. Ino and Choji still watching us focused.

"Alright it's still a drag but, you got a deal Kasumi sounds like a fun day how about on Friday?" He offered holding his hand out for me.

I smiled and slowly placed my hand in his shaking his hand deeply "Alright Shika you have a deal. The loser has to buy Barbeque." I suggested.

Shikamaru groaned at the thought but he then nodded. We still were holding hands and I lightly laced our hands he didn't seem bothered by it and started talking to Ino and Choji like nothing happened. I inhaled sighing quietly to myself chewing at my lip roughly.