Chapter Four

Kasumi's Pov
So officially it was gonna be the last day here in the hidden leaf village. It was the last day I was gonna get to hang out with Shikamaru too. We were just gonna spend a whole bunch of time indoors playing different board games here and there.

I took a glance for just a minute to focus away from the puzzle looking to see Shikamaru slowly took all his hair down, sighing quietly looking focused. And here I thought he couldn't get more handsome and lazy looking. It was then he snapped his eyes up to gaze at me and I quickly looked away my face heated.

It was quiet before I heard him jokingly say. "What am I something to look at?" I huffed amused shaking my head "You wish Shikamaru." I muttered before I finished my own puzzle, setting it to the side.

I moved through all the games we both had brought seeing the little color cube Shikamaru was playing with earlier and It was at that moment Shikamaru also finished the game he was playing and was on his knees looking for a new game. We were so close our noses were touching.

"Oh, I'm sorry Shika." I mumbled quickly pulling back I rubbed my nose seeing his entire face was a deep red "No it's okay don't worry so much." He reassured me, breathing out. I gave him a small smile, watching him pull all his long hair back. The next thing I knew he had leaned in and pressed his lips onto mine.

The first thing that screamed in my mind was Temari. I didn't even kiss back because I was in so much shock. "Shikamaru." I stammered my eyes slowly blurring with tears. He also looked just as surprised as me and he slowly grunted holding his face.

"Oh, man..... I'm so sorry Kasumi...."

_________________________________
I felt so much guilt eating me half alive. I didn't kiss him back but that doesn't mean Temari was gonna believe me. I didn't like the girl but I wasn't like that at all. New and Shikamaru quickly both agreed that we wouldn't speak of the kiss that it was an accident that happened between us two.

I didn't wanna ruin their relationship, not like that. I was walking behind Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro in the front as we made our way back to the same village. I kept tracing my lips slowly in thought. A part of me enjoyed the feeling of his lips on mine.

They were really soft and firm and the look in his eyes when we pulled away he was gazing at me like he had much more he wanted to say to me. I slowly shut my eyes glancing down at my sandals almost bumping into Gaara who turned to look at me.

"Are you alright Kasumi?" He questioned to me sounding very generally worried about me. I let my fingers drop from my fingers and I gave him a soft smile nodding my head.  "Yeah Gaara I'm okay I think," I mumbled just for a second I remember what me and Shikamaru talked about.

We both sat in silence both our backs facing the wall. I was still tracing my lips that longed for the feeling of his on my own. He had his head in his knees. "My mom's gonna kill me, so is my dad. No Temari is gonna kill me I hate that I enjoyed kissing you better." I looked at Shikamaru in shock and I said the small sentence that would help us both.

"Shika it can stay between us okay.... It wasn't me who kissed you, you kissed me which is still worse... But she won't have to know okay." I gently grabbed his shaking hand to hold in my own. I know he wasn't the type to cheat or hurt a girl's feelings.

A lot of people think girls don't even cross his mind. "I don't know what this feeling is Kasumi. I like Temari... But I think I like you way more then I should. I'm a bad guy aren't I?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Gaara still smiling gently and Gaara held his hand out for me not saying anything and I gently held his hand back the both of us slowly catching up with the two chatting in front of us.