0

A pair of tired eyes stared at my own through the rusted out mirror, cracks and dirt were all over the girl staring back at me. Her disgusting muddy brown hair along with the same plain red dress she wears almost everyday.

I hate her.

"Meiko! It's getting late!" My mother called for me from the floor below, knowing how much her antiques in the attic meant to me. They always interested me, no matter how old they got they always remained beautiful.

But what about me.. would I be beautiful once I'm old? Or would I remain the same?

"Ok mom! I'm coming down now!" Mother told me I wasn't allowed to use any of the antiques in the attic, after all, beautiful things are meant to be displayed.

If I ever do become beautiful.. would I be put on display for all to see?

My small feet waddled on the unstable floor, trying their best not to break anything. Eventually the ladder came to view and I was able to climb down and answer my mothers calls.

"Took you long enough.." she whispered under her breathe, which was meaningless because I could still hear her loud and clear.

My eyes looked down upon the cold, dirty floor "sorry mom..."

"Now go to bed so you're not late for school!" As soon as she said that, she left the room. Her eyes were sad and dull, and her hair was put into a messy bun. She wore that old dirty dress she wears while cleaning around, but this time it was cleaner and nicer looking then usual. Mother was not the nicest to me... After my father left her and my grandmother passed away leaving nothing but antiques that collect dust in the attic, she lost her glow. I don't blame her, I would hate to be left with someone like me.

Every time mothers eyes got sad and dull like that, a pit would form in my stomach, leaving nothing but the feeling of guilt. I blamed myself for my moms strange behavior.

I wanted to see her smile again, I want to change.

I want to be someone my mother will love and respect.

I want to make her happy and let her glow once again.

No matter what it takes.