Opposite Clearings

"You came," He breathed happily as he enveloped me in a hug.

"Yeah," I said in a monotone voice. While he crushed me in a tight hug, I stood stock still and arrow straight, ignoring the constant urge to hug him back.

When Tristan finally pulled away, he looked into my eyes, examined my face, then frowned, "You've changed, Annalise,"

"I've found that it's what happens when you realize no one truly cares about you," I shrug it off, simply. His eyes bulged out of his head and he shook his head rapidly. For a second, it seemed like his head was about to fell off.

"What do you mean, no one cares about you!?" He exclaims.

Groaning, I look up into his eyes, "The moment I started cutting, my mom hated me again. Couldn't even talk to me. My brothers are too busy partying in college and well, you're over there with Ashley. I'm sure she'd enjoy your 'kissies' much more than I do," I quoted her words and he glowered at me.

"Don't you bring up--" He began to threaten me but I cut him off.

"No, I'm done letting you rule my life. I had completely removed you until you sent me those flowers. And you know what? I'll just remove you again. Because trust me, I have seen the last of you Tristan Angel," With that, I stormed off into the night leaving a look of recognition on his face.

So I guess Tristan remembers the first time we met too.

Once out of his sight, I let the tears flow and I felt my shoulders shake as ragged sobs came out. Pull yourself together! I ordered myself. After taking a couple deep breaths the area around me became clear, and I saw that I was now in the clearing of flowers Tristan had shown me.

How did I end up here?

Looking around, there were only about half as many flowers. The white flower in the center was dying noticably, and it isn't long before it'll crumble. Just like I will.

*TRISTAN'S POV*

Annalise Robins had just slipped through my fingers forever. I highly doubted the slimmest chance of her and I becoming friends again. Just like always, I had screwed up. But this time, she shouted at me everything that, deep down, I knew was true. I just didn't want to admit it because then it would be even more real.

Nothing I do will bring her back to me, this much is obvious. But maybe it's the things that I don't do that may bring her back. Because maybe if I don't act like such an egotistical moron, maybe she'll start opening up again.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I walked through the woods wandering aimlessly until I found a small clearing. It was similar to the one I had shown Annalise, but it was covered in grass rather than flowers. Also, standing tall and proud in the middle of it was a large willow tree, looming over everything.

"Why do I have to screw everything up?" I question myself, all the while slumping to the ground underneath the tree.

Silently wondering where Annalise was -- I realized how ironic it would've been if she had been in my clearing right now and I was here in her clearing right now. Rustling came from the bushes before me, and I stayed still, staring at the bush.

Suddenly and unexpectedly, Annalise's head popped through the bushes and she smiled triumphantly as she saw the clearing and large willow tree. Only, it dropped the second she saw me sitting underneath it.