Seven

7. Better Judgment

     CECE STUMBLED FORWARD AS THE guards shoved her into a room. It was only slightly different than the room she was used to — a white tiled floor, three concrete walls surrounding her, and the fourth replaced by a one-way glass mirror.

They had given her a change of clothes: some tights, a shirt, and a pair of shoes. Practical clothes; flexible, adaptable, and simple. It was odd, to say the least. After all this time – however long that may be, she still had no idea to tell how long she'd been here – now they were being nice to her. Well, more accurately, they were attempting to be nice to her.

It made her anxious; made her fear for her life even more, if that was even possible.

The door slid open behind her and she turned just in time to witness another person being thrown into the room, their body colliding harshly with the floor. The figure gasped out a groan, staggering up to their feet. They looked around anxiously before their eyes locked on Cecelia.

The brunette took a step forward towards the figure but froze as the figure held up their hands defensively in front of them. "Don't come near me!" Their voice shook with fear and tears were brimming in the corners of their eyes.

Cecelia opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off as a voice spoke over the intercom; Strucker's voice with a simple command falling from his lips. "Kill her."

Cecelia's eyes widened and her mouth fell open in shock. She stared at the girl cowering in the corner away from her. The girl couldn't have been more than seventeen, a mere two years older than her. Her clothes were tattered and her skin was caked with sweat and dirt. Homeless or a rough family life, she assumed.

Somebody who wouldn't be missed.

The brunette shook her head. No way in Hell was she doing that. "Do it or suffer the consequences."

Cecelia clenched her jaw and, against her better judgment, turned to the window and stuck up her middle finger. "Fuck you!" she cried, a fire burning in her eyes.

The intercom clicked off and silence filled the room. Cecelia's heart began to beat in her chest. The sound should've pounded in her ears instead it seemed to crackle, like lightning during a storm. All too late, she remembered the collar they forced on her. Shit! She raised her hands to pry it off just as a violent electrical current rushed beneath her skin. Her body convulsed on the ground, saliva pooling in her mouth, slowly spilling over. Black dots littered her vision and she knew this was the end.

AUTHORS' NOTE
Once again, I am terrible at keeping with my promises on updating. But on the small bright side, I now have more free time to focus on writing (and school) since I no longer have a job.

But guys! There is only one more chapter after this before we move into part two and then the Maximoffs will be making an appearance.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I did writing it. Feedback is much appreciated and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter.

 Feedback is much appreciated and I hope to see you guys in the next chapter