Heat 1 - Bran and Kain

Hello all! This story has been edited and officially published on Amazon as of 2/14/23 in Kindle Unlimited, Kindle, and Paperback formats. Please enjoy this sneak peek and if you are interested, see my link in bio!

XOXO

N. A. Moore

A/N: The use of safe words is a precaution for their specific needs but they do NOT have a BDSM relationship.

Heat 1 - Bran

The Autumn wind began to chill. Still, so early in the season, the temperature change felt like a drop of ice in a warm drink. Sudden, though unnoticeable, before it gradually dulled the heat into a gentle coolness. The leaves were still young and green, hardly beginning that rapid decline to bright yellows and crispy browns.

It was moments before dusk. The sky was still brightened by the setting sun that was hardly visible over the horizon, painting the world in a beautiful red violet.

As mesmerizing as it was, Bran couldn't spare it more than a glance. His pacing had grown near violent as each minute ticked by.

Where is he?

It was almost eight. He was supposed to be here two hours ago!

Sweat trickled down the back of his neck despite the low temperature in the house. The fire was raging in the hearth and the fluffy brown rug before it looked inviting, but Bran knew his body would protest if he stayed still for too long.

Not with it so close.

The front door clicked, and Bran raced for it.

"Honey! I'm home!" Kain sang, as he juggled a bunch of shopping bags and shuffled inside. Bran stormed toward him, anger hot in his veins.

"Don't you 'honey' me! Where have you been?" the Omega demanded, fury a live writhing beast inside him.

Kain sighed, clicking the door shut and setting the bags on the ground. His tall broad frame swallowed Bran whole as he scooped him up close, burying his nose in his hair. Bran sighed, feeling himself grow calm with Kain's scent.

"I wanted to make sure we had everything we needed. I already called out of work, so I'm yours for the week, okay?" Kain reassured softly, his deep honey voice sending tingles down the Omega's spine.

"I need you," Bran whimpered against his chest, nuzzling closer to his warmth, combating the heat that still blazed from within.

"I know, love of mine. I'm here," Kain murmured, rocking him gently.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Bran's anger had completely receded and he was floating on a wave of bliss. He protested when Kain pulled away, but the Alpha kissed his forehead and said, "The ice cream will melt."

"Mint chip?" Bran asked softly.

Kain grinned down at him, his green eyes sparkling. "Of course."

Bran grinned back.

He bent down to scoop up the bags and disappeared into the kitchen. Bran could faintly hear the cabinets being opened and closed. He slowed his breathing before following the Alpha into the kitchen.

Kain barely glanced up as he finished putting everything away, keeping out a few materials and pulling out a plate, knife, and cutting board.