Chapter 8: Truth in the Garden

As promised earlier, here's the second update of the day! :)

Chapter 8: Truth in the Garden

Vincent

4 weeks, 28 days, since I've genuinely kissed a woman. That's a long time to go without kissing. But, I'd have to blame myself for that one. I avoided kissing most women that I have sex with because it just wasn't my thing. I believed that it was giving them a hint to a relationship. A relationship that I was not willing to participate in.

So for me to sit here and listen to my mother complain about how I'm playing with women is absolutely absurd. Playing with women meant that I was leading them down a path that ended with many broken hearts. What I was doing, was satisfying them. The first thing a woman wants from me when she sees me is sex. I just so happened to be the type of man to give it to her.

"Vincent, I want you to imagine yourself as a young, female debutant. You've heard so many negative rumors about your country's prince and tonight, you finally get to meet him. Would you look forward to this meeting or would you want to avoid him," my mother questioned, placing her hands on her hips.

I didn't even have to think of my response. "I'd look forward to meeting him, see if he's as bad as the rumors say," I replied with a smirk, one that I knew would agitate my mother.

"Good God. Ladies," my mother said, exasperated as she gestured a hand to the two maids standing near the windows.

I turned to look at the two, surprised to see Sydney and another dark-haired maid.

Sydney's dark eyes momentarily held mine, however, during that small connection, her eyes slightly narrowed before averting to my mother. I continued to study her features. The fullness of her lips, the almond shape of her eyes, and the smoothness of her chocolate complexion. A sense of excitement surged through me as I thought of the face expressions she'd make when I'm inside of her.

"You two, what are your names," my mother questioned.

"H-Haley," the dark-haired maid stuttered.

"Folashadé."

What?

Just as that thought came to mind, her eyes darted to me once again.

Is her name not Sydney? Did she lied to me?

"Well tell me, Haley and Folashaé, what would you do if you heard nasty rumors about my son and was scheduled to meet him," my mother inquired, tugging me out of my confusing thoughts.

"I wouldn't meet him. Any man who has those nasty rumors attached to his name does not deserve to get a chance with me," the brunette, I forgot her name already, said with dignity.

I frowned and turned away from the three women.

"What about you," I heard my mother question.

"I would talk to him." I snapped my head in their direction. "I would want to hear what he has to say about those rumors, and I wouldn't expect anything but the truth," the girl, whose name I was unsure of, said.

My mother rose her brows unexpectedly. "Darling, you are a fool. If you expect a man to tell you the truth when he can benefit from lying to you, you are very foolish," my mother laughed as she walked away from the two.

I watched my mother's graceful form tread back to her seat across from me. However, the moment my mother gathered her dress to take a seat, the girl had suddenly spoken up.

"I'm sorry I didn't say what you expected, Your Highness, but I assumed that you wanted my opinion." The strength in her voice caught both me and my mother off guard.