Chapter 2

Looking into his smouldering black eyes, her heartbeat quickened, the werewolf alpha quietly made his way towards her, sitting a couple of feet away so as to not startle the already shock stricken girl. "When I arrived here at Hogwarts-",he rasped out, "I did not expect to find a mate. I admit only coming here to discuss what I would be getting out of this arrangement Dumbledore decided to make with me all those years ago. I can see your predicament, your reluctance to let your instinct take over. I am, very much older than you, the same age as your godfathers and your parents would have been. And I also admit that I have slept with a woman before, I have had relationship, I know as a young woman with your looks you probably-", he was cut off by a small laugh from Helena as her head was thrown back, she looked at him, her eyes glinting in the moonlight,"I have never slept with anyone, let alone kiss anyone. I may be a 5th year Mr Greyback, but my position as a Quidditch player and being the sister of Harry Potter and the other half of the Golden twins, the saviours as we are painted, relationships are hardly on my mind. I have devoted my time to my sports, academics and friends." Fenrir listened in mild shock to his young mate, it wasn't as though she was ugly or had a bad attitude, it didn't seem that she wasn't well liked, she was shy, she was driven, everything a Luna needed. Yet underneath the surface he could sense she was brave and fearless and that she had a protective nature to her. "It would seem like you are being searched for." The alpha said in irritation as Helena turned back to see her brother and his friends looking for her. When she looked back at the spot where Fenrir sat, the alpha had disappeared into the shadows.

The next morning as Helena sat with her brother and friends at the Gryffindor table, everything suddenly went quiet, the girl was not phased by it, thinking that Dumbledore had probably silenced them or someone had possibly gotten a howler, till her shoulder was tapped. When she turned, Fenrir stood, flanked by two of the men she had seen the previous day, "I was wondering if perhaps I could join you for breakfast?" He asked her softly, yet for her his voice seemed to echo into her head, she nodded minutely, moving a bit to sit next to Luna, the younger girl chatting quite undistractedly to Neville, trying to bring back the buzz in the hall. Yet when everyone persisted on staring, making Helena uncomfortable, Fenrir had just to growl, making everyone turn back to what they were doing and continue their chatter. Helena was grateful and sent a small smile to the werewolf, his tight lipped smile back was reward enough for her as she quietly drank her cup of coffee accompanied by her favorite banana muffin. Fenrir had a hidden scowl on his face, watching his mate eat the bare minimal as her brother chomped through mountains of toast with thick butter and various jams, with his bowls of porridge and cups of juice and tea. He tapped her hand softly, making her look up at him with a gaze filled with innocence and trust, he softly smiled as he leaned down toward her ear to whisper, "Why is it you eating so little young one?" Helena frowned, chewing on her bottom lip in nervous reaction before softly and lightly holding his ear near her lips, "My family in the muggle world kept us almost to the point of starvation. We learnt to eat as little as possible. Well I did. Not my brother." She glanced back at Harry whom was stuffing his face with the mini sandwiches. Fenrir bit back a growl as he glanced at the obvious size difference between the two, Harry was broad shoulders, being the brother, and had a bit of lithe and lean muscle on him, but Helena was short due to stunted growth, her body was skeleton like thin, he'd seen it when he went to check on her in the dorm she shared with those boys. He hadn't meant to do it, hadn't meant to seem like a stalker when he wasn't but he had to see her again. When she had turned to her side, her too big t-shirt lifted, showing him her ribs and spinal cord, and especially the marks she had from the repeated beatings she had to endure at her muggles family's hands.At that moment, Fenrir made a silent promise to the universe, he would look after his Luna, give her all the love in the universe and the attention she so rightly deserved.

As the day passed Helena noticed Fenrir waiting for her outside her classroom ready to escort her and her friends to each of their classrooms, even going so far as to send his beta, Rico, to take Luna to her classes and to lunch. She noticed the way Fenrir so carefully walked her to her classes, kissing the back of her hand everywhere so delicately as he left with a lingering smile. It was her last class of the day with the Hufflepuffs, potions was her favorite class, even though Snape was the one to teach the class. "Today, we shall do a bit theory work, as we have-", he looked at Helena when he said this, "a special onlooker in our presence." As he spoke those words, the door to the room opened and in walked Fenrir and his general Darius, the latters eyes scanning the classroom and sending a toothy smile towards helena when he caught her eye. She rolled her eyes when she saw Fenrir, the man standing next to Snape, completely towering over the staunch professor and making everything around him look like he was towering over the smaller and delicate potion ingredients in the classroom. Finally his obsidian eyes fell on hers followed by the thin lipped smile she had learned to love.