Naps and Horses

Pierce is currently alone with his youngest daughter Aelia or Lia, for Meryl is still at work and the big sister Nicky is still at school.

"Lia!"Pierce called for his almost three-year-old daughter.

"Lia, it's nap time!"Pierce yelled again and all he heard is a giggle.

"Lia, daddy's going to count to three."Pierce warned.

"One..."Pierce started.

"If you're not coming out at three, we will not take you to Disneyland on Saturday."Pierce uttered.

"Aelia Lucine Brosnan, two."Pierce continued sternly and there, his little girl came out from behind the sofa, holding her mother's lipstick.

"What did you do back there?"Pierce asked for Lia have lipstick all-over her face.

"Nothing, dada."Lia answered and Pierce raised a brow.

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?"Pierce asked and Lia shook her head.

"Alright, c'mon, let's wash your face."Pierce said and Lia followed him upstairs.

"Give me that lipstick."Pierce said the moment they reached the bathroom.

"No, this mine!"Lia whined.

"I know it is yours. I am not going to throw it away."Pierce said and Lia frowned.

"Lia girl, don't give daddy that attitude."Pierce said as he gently grab the lipstick from Lia's hand.

Pierce started washing her face and he changed her clothes after. The two of them headed to bed but Lia is still hyper.

"Baby, stop playing with daddy's phone, you need to nap."Pierce said and Lia looked at him.

"Dada, I wee sweep if you buy me a horse."Lia said and Pierce's eyes went round.

"What are you going to do with a horse?"Pierce asked.

"I want horse dada. Horse pet."Lia answered and Pierce laughed.

"You don't want a dog instead?"Pierce asked and Lia shook her head.

"No dada, I want horse."Lia answered and Pierce tapped his arm gesturing Lia to lie on it. Lia lied on his arm and he kissed her temple.

"Just nap, sweetheart. Mommy will be mad when she found out that you didn't sleep."Pierce said and Lia cupped her father's face with her little hands.

"I want horse, dada."Lia whispered and Pierce started rubbing her back.

"I'll give you milk. You want that?"Pierce asked and Lia frowned again.

"No dada, I want horse."Lia answered and Pierce hugged her.

"No."Pierce said in a low tone.

"Dada, Wia promise that Wia wee sweep if you buy Wia horse."Lia said and Pierce softly giggled.

"Are you bribing me?"Pierce asked and Lia looked at him with forehead creased.

"I don't know that dada."Lia answered.

"If you don't know that, then you need to nap."Pierce said and Lia broke free from her father's embrace.

"Wia not sweep and Wia is mad at dada."Lia said, standing up but Pierce just laughed at her.

"Pierce?Babe?Lia?"A voice suddenly called and Lia's eyes went round.

"Mommy!"Lia squealed and she quickly jumped off the bed. Meryl suddenly entered the room and Lia ran towards her. Meryl carried Lia and she kissed her cheek.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?"Meryl asked and raised a brow.

"Because mommy, I teww dada that I sweep if he buy me horse."Lia answered sternly and Meryl's eyes went round.

"Why would you want a horse?"Meryl asked.

"Because mommy, I want a horse pet."Lia answered and Meryl pinched her cheek.

"No baby, horses are not for pets."Meryl replied and Lia showed her mommy her angry face.

"Oh God, Aelia, I don't know what crossed your mind that you wanted a horse for a pet all of a sudden."Meryl said, dropping Lia on the bed.

"Pierce, better make Lia sleep."Meryl said as she head to their walk-in closet.

"Baby, where do you wanna go for dinner?"Pierce asked and Lia looked at him.

"No, I want horse."Lia answered and Pierce did a facepalm.

"Okay, here's the deal. We'll go to a ranch where there are horses but you need to take your afternoon nap."Pierce said and Lia looked at him.

"Promise, dada?"Lia asked and Pierce chuckled.

"I promise."Pierce said, assuring Lia that they will really go to a ranch. Lia immediately settled on top of her father, and Pierce started rubbing her back.

"Who played with my lipstick?"Meryl suddenly asked as she lie beside Pierce and Lia.

"This little one."Pierce whispered and Meryl tucked some of Lia's loose hair behind her ear.

"You really going horseback riding huh?"Meryl asked softly and Pierce chuckled.

"She wanted a horse, take her to horseback riding instead."Pierce answered and Meryl quietly laughed.

"Yesterday, she's trading her stuffed toy to skip her nap."Pierce said and Meryl gave a peck on his lips.

"Thank you for dealing with her everyday and not complain."Meryl said almost a whisper and Pierce smiled.

"I'll never get tired of negotiating with this one."Pierce said and Meryl lied on Pierce's arm to also take her nap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------