Parent Trap III

In the next days after their first family dinner, Meryl and Pierce juggled on taking responsibility of the twins for there are days where they're both with Pierce only and vice versa. There are also days where Gia is with Meryl while Mason is with Pierce but even with their confusing set-up, the twins can't complain as long as they spend their time with their parents.

It is the night before the family goes to Conneticut to unplug and the twins are currently in Gia's room while their mother is cooking dinner.

"What is it like in Conneticut?"Gia suddenly asked.

"It's beautiful out there. It's beside the lake where you can swim, lots of trees. The house is also not that huge, only have three bedrooms because when we gather there for thanksgiving with our uncles, our cousins and I sleep in the living room. We'll lay out two matresses for us to fit and we'll you know, stay up almost the whole night just talking and quietly eating the leftovers at midnight."Mason answered and Gia gasped.

"Oh, I wanna try that too. If only we're living here for good."Gia uttered.

"Do you think mom and dad still love each other?"Mason asked all of a sudden.

"I think dad still do love mom. I mean, he still keeps their wedding photo and mom's photo in his purse. I catch him steal glances of mom. And you know, the night before we had our first dinner, I asked dad to describe mom, and from the way he describes mom, I am sure that he is still in love with her."Gia explained and Mason nodded.

"I haven't asked mom yet if he still have feelings for dad but the way she approach dad is different. It's like she always wanted to say something but something is preventing her."Mason uttered and silence suddenly filled the room.

"Do you know what I'm thinking right now?"Mason asked after a few moments. The two looked at each other and they both gasped.

"Parent trap!"The two of them whisper-shouted.

"Let's think of what we can do."Gia said softly and Mason immediately grabbed his phone.

"What are you doing?"Gia asked but he didn't answer her. He placed his phone on the bed, instead.

"Hello?"A voice asked from the other line.

"Uncle Dana, hi. How are you?"Mason asked.

"I'm good, kiddo. How about you?"Dana, Meryl's youngest brother, asked.

"I'm beyond great. Listen, uhmm, can I ask you a favor?"Mason asked and Gia is just listening to their conversation.

"Sure, what is it?"He asked.

"You are leaving your room key in Conneticut, right?"Mason asked again.

"Yes, why?"Dana asked, getting confused.

"Can you get yours and uncle Harry's key and when mom calls you, tell her you're out of town to give the key to her?"Mason asked.

"What?Why?"Dana asked in curiosity.

"Just please, please, do it?"Mason pleaded.

"Alright, alright, I'll drive there right away."Dana answered and the twins high-fived in success.

"With two of the keys not there, there is only one room available and with that, we will convince mom and dad that the two of us are fine staying in the living room."Mason explained.

"But dad will insist that the two of you will just be in the living room and me and mom will be in the room."Gia retorted.

"Relax, I'll do the talking, just ride along."Mason said and Gia nodded.