Payback

It's another day in quarantine and neither Pierce nor Meryl know what day it is already. They've been in the house for a long time and everyday is just the same for them, Pierce attending his work or painting, Meryl also working from home whilst being a wife.

Meryl woke up early as usual and beside her is her husband who is still in his deep slumber. She gently brushed her fingers through his hair before standing up and heading to the kitchen to cook their breakfast.

She decided to just cook oatmeal for breakfast and she just sliced up some fruits for she still have work that she needed to e-mail today. Meryl headed back to their room after cooking and she positioned herself beside her still sleeping husband. She have her breakfast by her nightstand, her laptop in front of her, her lower body buried in the thick sheets with her laptop on her lap.

Pierce stirred after a few moments and he found his wife busy in front of her laptop.

"Morning."He greeted, still in his morning voice and he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Hey, good morning."She greeted back as she quickly caress his cheek.

"What's for breakfast?"He asked, closing his eyes again.

"Oatmeal with uhmm fruits. You want me to bring it up here and get you some coffee?"Meryl asked but instead of answering her, he buried his face on her side.

"What you doi'n?"Pierce asked, peeking on what his wife is doing.

"Work. Need to e-mail them today so I'm finishing it up."She answered.

"How about you?You have work today?"Meryl asked and he hummed.

"None."He answered and she just nodded even if he can't see.

"Okay, I need to eat my breakfast."Pierce said after a few moments as he slowly sit up.

"I'll just get it for you. And you want some coffee?"Meryl asked looking at her husband.

"Babe, I'll get it. I know you're working."Pierce said and she sweetly smiled, putting a hand on his cheek.

"I love you."She said softly and Pierce planted a kiss on her lips.

"I love you, more."He replied.

"You want coffee?"Pierce asked and she nodded.

"Okay, wait for me here."Pierce said and she just smiled before he headed downstairs.

Pierce came back holding a tray with his bowl of oatmeal, sliced fruits and two cups of coffee after a few moments and he carefully placed it on their bed.

"Here's your coffee, babe."Pierce said and Meryl looked at him lovingly.

"Thank you, my love."Meryl said, kissing him and he smiled. She sipped on her coffee before going back to her work and he is just there beside her, eating while watching his wife work.

"Babe, you left something right there."Pierce said, pointing on her screen and she smiled.

"Oh, thank you for pointing that out."Meryl said and Pierce just kissed her shoulder.

"You are not eating."Pierce suddenly uttered when he saw her neglected bowl of oatmeal.

"I am, I'm just doing this."Meryl answered and Pierce quickly grabbed it.

"C'mon, open your mouth."Pierce said as he point a spoonful of oatmeal to her mouth. Meryl ate it and she looked at him.

"Babe, I am eating while I'm doing this, relax."Meryl said and Pierce raised a brow.