Chapter 2

Trigger warning: Slight injury, slight blood warning

A few days later all the paperwork has been filed and the changes had been made. Remus now found himself staring at the prison that he would spend six hours at everyday, five days a week. It was newer building than his old school. It looked cheerful and welcoming. Remus hated it. He sauntered in and made his way in the direction he assumed would be the office.

“Oh! You must be the new student.” The man at the front desk said. “Remus, correct?” 

“The one and only,” Remus replied exasperated.

“Well it is a pleasure to meet you. I am the school counselor Emile Picani. Do you, how do?” Emile said enthusiastically. 

“Uh, what?” Remus said confused. 

“That’s just my silly way of ‘saying how do you do?’” The bubbly counselor explained. 

“...er fine.” Remus replied caught slightly off guard. 

“Alrighty here is your schedule, and a map, and if you could sit down there I called for a fellow student to show you around. He will be here soon.” Emile intructed. 

“Fabulous.” Remus said with zero enthusiasim. He walked to the chairs, he looked over his shoulder at Emile pointing at the chairs to make sure he had it right. Emile smiled and nodded. Remus smirked, nodded and walked out of the room. 

“What just happened?” Emile said perplexed at the odd behavior. 

“Hey Dad!” Emile turned to see his son Patton walk into the room. “You said there was a new kid you wanted me to show around?” 

“Yeah,” Emile said looking at the door the boy had just walked out of.

“Well, where is he?” Patton looked around frowning slightly not seeing anyone else in the room. 

“He just walked out.” Emile explained. “Even though I asked him to wait for you.” 

“Maybe he is an independent eager beaver who wanted to find his way on his own.” Patton said. 

“That’s a thought he was awfully rude about it.” Emile said but shrugged it off. “Here Pat, this is his schedule. Go make sure he made it to his class.” 

Patton took the paper and saluted his dad with a goofy grin then headed out of the room. 

“Hmm, lets see… Remus Duke, he should be…” before he could figure it out the bell for lunch started ringing. “Oh dear, well I’ll check after lunch. 

Patton made his way to the cafeteria where he spotted Roman talking to Logan. Patton skipped over and sat down next to his friends. “Hi kiddos!” Patton said cheerfully. 

“Patton, I will stress once again we are both several months older than you.” Logan said not for the first time. 

“Leave it alone specs you know he will never change. And we like it that way.” Roman said throwing his arms around each of his friends shoulders. Much to Logan’s annoyance. “So Pat, how was the new kid?” Roman asked. Patton had mentioned it to the others that morning. 

“I don’t know he wasn’t in the office when I got there and I haven’t found him yet.” Patton explained. 

“Well perhaps we should split up and look for him. Being in a new environment, it would be best having a guide sooner rather than later.” Logan stated. 

“Good point Logi. Sound okay with you Ro?” Patton asked. 

“A damsel in possible distress how can I deny that.” So the rest of lunch the group split up to look.