She Was My Little Time Traveller

The Lion And His Lioness -- A Hamilton Fanfiction
Chapter 17 - She Was My Little Time Traveller

Eliza
I was jealous. Completely and utterly jealous. How could I have done that to myself? Why did I tell Alexander that Esperanza loved him more than I loved him? He had given me his address so that I could write to him, before I had told him that Esperanza loved him. I am such an idiot.

Angelica keeps telling me that I had done the right thing but I don't think I did. Will she let me have him, if I ask? No, she loves him too much but... she does want me to be happy. And she also looked... hesitant... to accept Alexander. I'll send a letter to Alexander, let's just hope that he hasn't proposed to Washington's daughter yet.

Sitting down at my desk, I quickly wrote out a letter.

My dearest, Alexander
I had a lot of fun at the Winter's Ball some nights ago. Did you? I know that you love Esperanza but... you see, she doesn't really love you. I saw her today in the market square with another man, they were holding hands and Esperanza was blushing. Would you not want a more trustful, loyal person to court for it is clear that Esperanza is not loyal? I just thought that you deserved to know, Alexander. Please believe me for I would not lie to someone as kind, handsome and magnificent as you.
Yours forever and always,
Elizabeth Schuyler

I smiled at the letter before folding it, writing Alexander's address and sending it off. I just hope he would be back at the Camp by the time he receives the letter and not still here. Surely he would be at the camp and not the Washington's house, right?

Alexander
It had been a week since we had left to go back to the camps. Unfortunately, Ana had stayed back to look after Lillianna. I'm glad that she did, to be honest. It is not the fact that I don't love having my lover by my side it's just that... I don't want our child to get injured.

"Alex, mon ami, there's a letter here for you. It's from Elizabeth Schuyler?" Laf announced as he entered. What? Why would Eliza be writing to me?

I got up, took the letter from Laf after thanking him and sat down on my bed to read it. "Read it out loud, Alex," John said as he sat down on his bed, Herc joining him and Laf sitting next to me.

"Alright," I responded and opened the letter.

"My dearest Alexander
I had a lot of fun at the Winter's Ball some nights ago. Did you? I know that you love Esperanza but... you see, she doesn't really love you
."

"What? Of course she loves you! She's practically head over heals for you!" Herc argued. I nodded before continuing.

"I saw her today in the market square with another man, they were holding hands and Esperanza was blushing."

"What?!" John exclaimed, sitting up straighter with disbelief on his face. "That doesn't sound like the Zar we know!"

"Would you not want a more trustful, loyal person to court for it is clear that Esperanza is not loyal?
I just thought that you deserved to know, Alexander. Please believe me for I would not lie to someone as kind, handsome and magnificent as you. Yours forever and always, Elizabeth Schuyler.
"

I sat there, still, as what the letter was telling me sunk in. "Maybe it was one of her brothers?" Laf suggested. I nodded, looking at the letter again.

"Wait, how do we know that Elizabeth isn't lying? We could see how jealous she was when you got permission to court Ranzy from General Washington. What if she is just trying to get you to forget about Ranzy and end up with her?" Herc cut in. Realization dawned on us as we remembered what happened that night.