-7-

Everyone always tells you to forgive and forget. I couldn't do either. Maybe with my parents, not with him. 

.

.

.

"Wasn't that bad, now was it?" I smiled as we made our way back to the car in the dark.

He squeezed my hand tighter, clearly uncomfortable: "this part is."

"Did this fear randomly appear or have u always had it?" I questioned, leading us through the building. 

"Do you always ask strangers so many personal questions?" he chuckled, in an obvious attempt to change the subject.

"I told you I don't talk to strangers," I sighed, "you're a first."

"A first in so many things," we finally reached the broken window exit, "it's my pleasure, Dimples."

I smiled, shrugging him off as we walked to the car: "stop trying to be charming, I'm not affected."

He quickly ran in front of me, opening the doors for me as he grinned: "you sure about that?"

Shaking my head, I felt myself let this complete stranger in. Weirdly enough, the alcohol had brought us closer, as did all these secrets we shared. Not that I recommended passing out naked with a complete stranger as a bonding activity. Perhaps it wasn't the alcohol that helped us bond, perhaps it was just meant to be, for us to feel drawn to each other.

"To be honest, not really," I responded, as he got in the car, shocking us both with my honesty, "clearly you're not like other strangers."

He chuckled: "wow, here I was thinking you're confessing your undying love for me on day 2."

I slowly drove us through the dark forest: "crazy that we've only known each other for 2 days, isn't it?"

"For sure," he put his hand over mine as it rested over the controller, "feels natural though."

Weirdly enough, the physical contact from him did not make me uncomfortable at all. Again, I'd blame that on the fact that our first encounter was pure physical contact. It's almost as if all the rules were broken in the book of getting to know new people - we were going against the normal order. 

Soon we reached the cafe, getting out of the car along with Rose.

"So... down for round two with that bottle?" Luke joked as we made our way up to the apartment. 

"I think I'll pass this time..." I laughed, "or every time, for that matter. Anyhow, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Uh, yeah," Luke stood awkwardly next to my door as I unlocked it, "I guess so."

"Why are you being so weird all of a sudden?" unable to ignore it, I faced him.

"What? Me? Never!" he acted shocked. 

Shaking my head, I opened the door, Rose quickly running into the flat: "I'll leave you alone with your awkwardness."

Luke grabbed my wrist, looking like a deer caught in the headlights as he realized what he'd done.