Ch. 2

With most of the old ways of the casino gone, I felt safer and better going out into the different parts of the casino. I even found that I enjoyed it. Today, I left and went down to Moxxi's bar. If I was lucky, I would catch Moxxi herself working. She was nice to talk to, having some wisdom that I didn't. She said that she had more of an understanding of how people were. I was often closed off and unnecessarily protective of myself. My mother often called me a hermit. I suppose not much has changed. It's not that I didn't like people, it just always seemed like I had a hard time connecting with them. I stepped into the crowded, dim bar. I went up to the bar where Moxxi happened to be.
"The normal, sugar?" She asked politely, I simply nodded. She stepped away for a minute to make the drink. I see someone sit on the stool next to me out of my periphery. I didn't look at them, but I became aware of them. Moxxi comes over with my drink and sets it in front of me. She sidesteps in front of the man next to me as I take a drink.
"Want anything sugar?" She says to them.
"Uh, no, I'm good... Thanks. I just wanted to see how you were... So how are you?" The man says, his awkwardness makes me glance over at him. My eyes widen slightly, then go quickly back to normal. It was a doppelganger... The doppelganger. Timothy Lawrence. The last doppelganger to be standing. I knew that he was here when the lockdown happened, but had thought he left when the Vault Hunter came and freed us. What was he doing here? Why hasn't he left?
"Hey... Kiddo" he says, this snaps me back into reality. He was looking directly at me. Moxxi was now away dealing with other customers. I guess I zoned out and was staring at him.
"Oh... I, uhh" I feel my face redden and look down at nothing in particular. "I'm sorry" I mumble, embarrassed. He chuckles.
"What'd you say? I'm assuming you said sorry... But it's crowded in here, so you're going to have to speak up."
"I said I'm sorry" I say, louder. I look over at him again. He was smiling. Was he smiling... at me?We lock eyes. His eyes were kind and gentle.

"It's fine... What's your name?" He asks? 

"Oh, uh, Onyx" I awkwardly reaching out my hand. He stares at it blankly and I drop it to my lap.

"I'm Timothy" He smile becomes smaller, but doesn't quite disappear. He was cute, which made me flustered for a reason unknown to me. I stand up quickly.

"I have to go" I walk away quickly as his smile turned in a confused expression.