Ch. 7

It had been a few days, and all I could seem to think about was Timothy; and mostly how I was messing things up. I decided to get him off my mind & go over my options with my plans. I didn't want to think of Timothy right now, besides in no time I'd be out of here so what was the point of being with him if I knew I was just going to leave him. A little voice inside me said to take him with me. But that would change things too much. I couldn't take him with me. I only had enough money for me, a place for only me to stay. I'd have to change to many things. But wouldn't it be worth it?

I shake my head in an attempt to shake the thoughts from my head. Focus, I willed myself. I look at the pictures of each planet, each place that I could go. Looking at them reminded me that I was free. Free to leave and go where I wanted. When the Vault Hunters came and took down Prettyboy I felt a sense of relief, and like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I grab a picture of Lectra City on Promethea. After all this time, it'd be nice to be around people. Plus it'd be easier to find work, a place to-

There was a knock. It came from the hatch to enter my place. I grab a gun, thinking that maybe someone was trying to get in or get me. I hear the door open.

"Uh, h-hello?"
"Timothy?!" I respond automatically
"Uh, yea. Can I come in?"
"Oh. Yea of course" I respond awkwardly, I toss the gun down on the bed and hear Timothy making his way down the ladder. He soon comes into view and gives a little wave.
"It's been a few days. I know you usually go to Moxxie's all the time. Wanted to see if you were okay" He smiles
"Uhh, y-yea I'm fine, just... y'know" I gesture around vaguely. He laughs.
"What's that?" He gestures at the picture in my hand.
"Oh, y'know, a picture" It was like my entire brain shut down and didn't know how to communicate or function. He chuckles again and I melt a little bit.
"Is this Prometha?" he asks, still smile a gentle smile. I nod.
"Yea since Pretty Boy died and we're pretty much allowed to freely go anywhere I was thinking of moving myself over there" I explain.
"I heard it's nice there, plus with Atlas set up there it should be fairly easy to find a job" He nods
"My thoughts exactly" A silence followed, but it was a comfortable silence. Timothy stares down at the picture and I stare at him.
"What about you?" i ask finally breaking the silence. He looks up at me with a questioning look so I explain; "Are you going to stay in this hellhole forever or what?" He laughs awkwardly
"i actually don't have a clue. I'd love to get off of here, but I don't know where to go." he sighs. I nod.
"i had the exact issue" he smiles at me, and puts a hand on my hip gently. I feel myself blush.
"Maybe I could uhhhh... join you wherever you decide to go... if you'd like of course"
"I-I... Ma-Maybe, yea" I stutter focused more on his hand on my hip than his words to me.
"Sorry to rush out like this, but I have some things to take care of but I promise I'll come by soon" he smiles slipping his hand off of my hip and starting to leave.
"Y-yea of course. I'll see you later." i say, still partially flustered.
"Bye, Onyx" he says before heading up the ladder, leaving me alone.