Ch. 2 Soaked

The sky grumbles as Zach and Sage wait outside the movie theatre. As always, Zach is the only person on time. Other than Sage, of course. 

Zach takes a deep breath as he glances toward the dark clouds. It smells of rain. 

When the last person texts on the group he needs to bail last moment, Zach is not sure whether he should be happy or scared. Although Zach had awoken at ungodly hours so that he could dress his best, he had never considered the possibility that they might watch the movie alone.

Zach observes Sage's calm face as he slightly readjusts his glasses. Sage catches him staring and smiles back. Zach turns his head away in shyness and tries to calm himself.

"I guess it's just us two," Sage says."Let's go in."

Zach follows.

-

Zach only remembers Sage mumbling something barely audible. 

He nods in agreement, but in reality, Zach hadn't watched a single second of the movie, except when it got to the romantic arc, and instead of the attractive actor twirling the equally attractive actress, Zach envisioned himself and Sage in their shoes. Either that, or he was constantly trying to get a peek at Sage.

The way Sage's eyes would wane and glint when he laughed. How he liked resting his head against the palm of his hand. How there was a small mole, like a speck of ink behind his ear. 

He wanted more.

"...more detailed than what I would expect from an action movie."

"That was an action movie?" Zach thinks but nods again.

Sage notices Zach's blank face. He leans toward Zach, who obviously isn't paying attention. He catches Zach by surprise.

Zach stumbles back a little and he can feel his ears growing warm. Sage's face is so close Zach could count his lashes beneath the glasses.

After a moment, Sage smiles. "You didn't watch the movie did you."

Zach begins to blush. "H-how did you know?" He thinks of the other things Sage might have noticed. Did he notice me staring?

Sage's smile doesn't waver but his gaze trails away with a secret. "Oh, so I was right?" he jokes. "I just took a guess at your surprised face." His smile drops. "Sorry, that was a boring movie wasn't it? It might have been better if I hadn't come at all."

"No, no it's not your fault," Zach reassures Sage immediately, "I was just distracted today," which was true.

Sage is silent but his face seems to brighten.

Zach secretly sighs in relief, then looks at the gloomy sky, with heavy gray clouds tumbling by. It has gotten darker since earlier this afternoon. 

"Looks like it's going to rain soon," Sage says.

"Yeah...Did you bring an umbrella?" But Zach notices Sage didn't bring a bag. Well neither did he. 

"It's fine, the bus stop is near and the station is right next to my house." Sage looks down the road. It is no more than a few blocks.

So he's taking the bus home, Zach thinks. "I'll go with you," he says. Though he doesn't know what he'll do afterwards. The family chauffeur will pick him up, though their house isn't far.

The two begin walking down the street. Zach feels a droplet hit his arm and before he knows it, it begins to pour.

When they arrive at the nearest fast food place to hide from the rain, they are both soaked. Zach runs his hand through his damp hair while Sage wrings water out of his shirt.

"Wow, talk about the weather flipping a page," Zach comments light-heartedly and glances at Sage, or rather, his shirt, wet and translucent showing skin. How is he so fit and still has time to study? Zach gulps nervously and scolds himself to calm down.

Sage sneezes, "Y-yeah," Sage crosses his arms and shivers. 

Zach stares back out, seeing a flash of lightning in the distance. Zach remembers that Sage lives quite far from here. He will definitely catch a cold before he makes it back.

Well if it is for Sage's sake. 

"Sage," Zach begins and tries not to look at Sage anymore. "Why don't you come to my house? My parents aren't home."

A/N

Hi, Lickorish here! Hoped you like the second installment. Next chapter will be *spicy* stay tuned for next weekend!