Prologue

Frantic Steps.

It was a starless night, only the glowing white orb could be seen—alone with the dark abyss. The wind whispered through the forest, swaying the old trees about.

A booming roar.

Thunderous footsteps could be heard in the silent night. A woman, covered in dirt and grime—her hair once blonde but now matted with filth and blood was running, trying not to trip. Holding something wrapped in her arms.

Erratic Breathing.

She was injured, her breath offbeat as she clumsily rushed through the woodland. She held something protectively close to her chest, frantically whispering soothing words into the wrapped blanket within her arms.

The blonde ran deeper into the forest, the woods getting more dense, making it very musky and dank. The woman squinted just to see ahead of her, barely missing trees and brushes. She ran out into a clearing but not without first tripping over a log, falling with a shriek— gripping the blanket protectively.

She tried getting up, pushing off with her free hand, the other holding the blanket. The blonde grunted in pain as she fell back down, she was exhausted.

Heavy Stomps.

The woman's hitched breathing, realizing if she gives up.

"The prophecy must come true, I cannot fail—not yet"

She pushed herself up once again, her legs shaking. She looked up, her breathing paused.She started into red beady eyes, a monster of great height, dark blue or maybe black. White bone-like horns running down its back. It's drooling mouth curved into a somewhat sly smile, somewhat satisfied at his prey.

The blonde stared unnerved, holding the blanket more protectively. She was scared—terrified, but she didn't want to show it. She slowly stepped back, the beast noticed this, his mouth moving into a thin line. He stalked forward at a slow pace, knowing the human wouldn't dare run again this time.

The woman closed her eyes, holding the blanket in her arms right, caressing it. She gladly gave 

her life, believing this was also part of the prophecy.

But Nothing came

She could still hear the heavy breathing and the low growls of the beast but also heard something else. Flapping. She peeled her eyes opened and looked to the side to see another demon coming from the sky. The monster in front of her seemed to back off at the sight of this but continued to growl.

The blonde watched as the winged demon landed. His dull crimson eyes stared at the scene, eyeing the blonde human. He looked over to the black monster and growled out something in an unworldly language—something the blonde couldn't understand.

She observed the interaction between the two demons, but curious of the winged one. The demon seemed to be young with his small frame yet had so much dominance and power over the other demon. His wings were pitch-black, slightly ripped at the ends, them being a bit bigger than his body. A dragon-like tail gently dragged itself across the dirt ground, black at the tip but red. The demon boy had a few scales running down his arms and legs with obsidian coloured horns on top of his salmon coloured hair.

The bigger beast let out a snarl and started to charge towards the blonde, she shrieked yet stood still, smothering her face into the wool.

The winged demon flicked his hand, muttering incoherent words to himself. An orange flame surrounded the woman, while an earthly red surrounded the larger demon. It had stopped in its tracks, barely missing the licking flames, slightly whimpering.