Chapter SEVEN

The air was cool as the trees barely shook, the pink man had stopped running, now at a slow walk.

Natsu was in his dragon state, the wings and tail now visible. He stood in a small clearing, looking around.

"Lucy, it's alright— you can come out" He talked, rustling was heard to his left and out popped a blonde head.

"Did you lose them?" She inquired, still somewhat hidden behind a large oak tree. He nodded.

"I was so scared," She sighed, hand over her heart.

"How did that weird guy know you anyway?" The blonde walked towards the demon, not fazed by his change in appearance.

The demon in question smiled nervously.

"I met him last night..." He hesitated in his answer, making the blonde suspicious.

"It doesn't matter what I was doing, let's just go" He quickly rushed before she could talk. Huffing, she followed.

They walked deep into the forest, Natsu complaining every time anyone of his wings getting stuck on a branch or his heavy tail dragging against the uneven ground. This forest wasn't the best place for him.

Soon they stepped out into a big clearing, standing not too far away from a small old cottage.

"This—this is the place?" Lucy uttered, after walking quite a while thorough the thicket, she really was disappointed.

"Don't you wanna learn magic?" He smirked as he saw her lose her attitude. He walked up to the small house, the small stairs creaking.

"Aren't you going to turn human or something at least?" She questioned him, looking frantically.

"It'll be alright"

—————

To say Lucy was surprised was an understatement.

There she stood in an old dying house, was the most books she had ever seen in one place.

As a child, she had always loved reading so anytime Natsu would go out, she would ask him to get a book for her.

In the small home, lived an old woman.

Porlyusica—she had said her name was. The old woman dressed bizarrely in Lucy's eyes.

Her hair was pink—a different shade than the dragon's— wrinkled features adorned her face with a small beauty mark at her mouth.

She wore a long red robe, reaching to her feet as massive Dragon horn-like decorations protruding outwards on top.

"Lucy, Natsu has told me many stories about you and it's finally nice to meet you" The pink-haired lady smiled at her, Lucy returned the gesture.

Natsu leaned on a beam, arms crossed—merely listening to the conversation as his eyes were closed.

"How did you know Natsu?" Lucy was quite surprised that Natsu knew someone but then again not really, he always seemed to keep secrets from her.

"Ah, it was a long time ago..." She started, walking out of the room, heading to the back. Taking her signal, Lucy followed, listening intently.

"I caught him stealing from my library back in the town I used to live in." The woman and the blonde stood outside now, the two a few feet apart, facing each other. Natsu had flown onto a nearby tree branch.

"And you're not... scared of him being a dragon?" She inquired, she watched as the woman frowned, face in confusion.

"I didn't really care—a thief is a thief...but a dragon? The last time I swear the boy was a—" Porlyusica was interrupted by a snarl—particularly from Natsu.