Chapter 2

I woke quickly, getting out of bed as soon as my eyes opened. Today was the day. I was going to be getting my Pokémon! I hurriedly and excitedly got dressed and gathered my bag. Before running downstairs, I took a quick glance in the mirror. 

I had thrown on my usual attire—a turquoise tank top with gray hems and a pink pleated skirt and socks that matched my top, with my bag slung across my chest. I thought for a second, thinking my outfit was kind of bland. I took off my socks and grabbing my scissors off my desk, I carefully snipped the elastic off of the tops. When I put them back on, they slouched a little. 

I looked around the room. I needed a little something... Aha! I grabbed a hat I had gotten from my aunt and threw it on. I barely said "good morning" to Mom as I rushed out the door. "I'm so proud, my __________'s getting her very own Pokémon," I could hear her say as I began toward Professor Oak's lab.

As I was walking, I heard a loud noise. Startled, I jumped and let go a little yelp. I looked for the source of the noise, when I saw a blur behind some trees. As I moved in to get a closer look, a creature jumped out from the trees and attacked me! 

It was a strange yellow creature, probably a Pokémon. It was holding a pendulum, slowly swinging it back and forth, staring at me menacingly. As it crept toward me, I began trembling in fear, and I tried to run, but my legs wouldn't move, my eyes glued to its beady ones. Just as it was about to lunge at me, I was rescued by a brown blur that knocked over the terrifying creature.

As I sat on the ground, disoriented, I heard the two creatures fighting. After about a minute I heard loud footsteps rushing toward me. As the figures came into focus, I saw Red running toward me, and Green not far behind. Red skidded to a halt next to me and knelt to my level. "__________! Are you okay?" His face showed genuine concern.

I sat up, and tried to explain what had happened, but I couldn't get one word out, I was so shaken. Red took my hand to calm me, not sure of what else to do. He looked at Green, wordlessly asking him to take charge.

Green went in front of the two creatures fighting and threw out a Pokéball. "Go, Bulbasaur!" he exclaimed. "Red, go get help!" Before I knew what was happening, I made eye contact with that creature one more time and everything suddenly went black.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

When I came to it was just me and Green. Green was returning his Bulbasaur to its Pokéball, praising it. I sat up again. "Green! What's going on?"

"Oh, __________, you're not dead, thank goodness..." he sighed in relief. "Can you tell me what happened?"

I explained to him what had happened, and as I talked, he seemed to be deep in thought.

"Hmm... I think you were attacked by a Hypno. And, this little guy here was the one that saved you, he's an Eevee. He's not very strong... probably only level 5, and the Hypno was too strong. Even so he took on the Hypno, and I had to step in with Bulbasaur. If that Eevee didn't do that... Gosh, I don't even want to think about that. You're my best friend, __________."

"Ah, gee..." I looked at Green, who knelt in front of the fainted Eevee.

"We have to get to a Pokémon Center, fast..." Green picked it up.

"There she is!" I heard Red say from a distance, as well as a few other footsteps.

"Oh, __________," Mom rushed up next to me. "What happened, are you hurt?"